Changing default text colour and blue header?

Olzme
I was just wondering if there was an easy way of changing the default text colour (the interface gives options for font size and type but not colour) and blue header where the room names are shown.

I tried editing the code version myself but nearly ended up messing up my save file.

Thanks!

Pertex
text colour: game/display tab, there you will find foreground under colour
header: you can remove it (game/Interface/show location bar) but you can't change the colour, it's an image

Liam315
While the header is an image, you can change it to be a solid colour using CSS - you just won't get the wavy design. In my game, I've changed the header to be black, although you can make it anything you want by using the #status selector.

<![CDATA[<style type="text/css">
#status {
background: #333;
border: 1px solid #333;
}
</style>]]>

Add the code above into a new attribute somewhere (something like game.css would be appropriate) and run a script on startup that prints the attribute, i.e.

msg (game.css)

There is more information on the wiki about modifying the display if you need it. You might have to add the attribute using the code view rather than the attributes tab in the GUI, (I can't remember if this is necessary or not).

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the msg (game.css) script needs to be added to the default function InitInterface (not the actual start script), otherwise it won't work when a saved game is loaded.

Olzme
Pertex wrote:text colour: game/display tab, there you will find foreground under colour
header: you can remove it (game/Interface/show location bar) but you can't change the colour, it's an image

I'm fine with removing the header, but I can't seem to find where "/Interface/show location bar" is. :(

My game tab only has: Setup,Script, Room Description, Player, Display, and Attributes.

Can someone help direct me to where it is?

Pertex
Sorry, the interface tab is a new feature of Q5.5. You can find it in the online editor or in the beta of 5.5 of the offline version of Quest

Olzme
Thanks - I downloaded 5.5 and removed the header.

Also thanks Liam315, I'll look into that in the future.