How do i download a game for offline play

For announcing and discussing games, getting feedback, asking for hints

Moderators: Pertex, Alex, sgreig, Cryophile

How do i download a game for offline play

Postby a26453 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:53 am

I'm new to this, I just downloaded Quest but I can't figure out how to download a game for offline play. Please help

Thanks for your time.
a26453

Re: How do i download a game for offline play

Postby RedTulip » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:46 am

Did you install Quest 4, already? If you did...

Just go to the text adventures website (or whatever website with Quest games) and download one.

For example, you might want to download The Things That Go Bump In The Night. You'll have to press the link that says "Download this game to play offline".

This game (and some others, too) might be in the .zip file. You'll have to simply unzip it with any zip tools you have, for example - WinRAR. Or, if you don't want to spend any money, 7-Zip is good. Personally, I use IZArc. Anyway, the WinRAR trial never ends, so you should probably get that... Well, whatever. Don't mind about these. Just pick one. XD

Anyway, just Extract the files from the zip folder and choose either the .cas or.asl file that comes with it. It might be even a .exe file. But it's mostly a .cas or .asl file, anyway.

That's it, hope I helped. :D
RedTulip

Re: How do i download a game for offline play

Postby Alex » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:07 am

You don't even need to extract the .zip file - both Quest 4 and Quest 5 can open a zip file directly.
Alex
Site Admin

Return to Game Announcements and Feedback