Other games - Non text

For general chat about anything else

Moderators: Pertex, Alex, sgreig, Cryophile, jaynabonne

steve the gaming guy

Re: Other games - Non text

Postby steve the gaming guy » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:38 pm

sorry for the late response (been away)... There was a cheat device you could use on RE4 on the gamecube????? I thought the story was great. The gameplay is practically the same in RE5. It's easier to rack up money this time though.... and easy to replay individual levels without saving gamefiles all over the place.

paul_one

Postby paul_one » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:03 pm

Yeah, I used an action replay.
Got me inf health, loads of weapons, etc.

Very worth while if you're just interested in playing the game and not "beating it".

steve the gaming guy

Postby steve the gaming guy » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:08 pm

:shock: I've never heard of that.. I'm definitely going to have to look that up!

Dizziness

Postby Dizziness » Wed May 27, 2009 8:07 am

Thanatos wrote:[*]Kung-Fu Panda

<3

Thanatos

Postby Thanatos » Sat May 30, 2009 8:14 am

RE5 is the epitome of clunky controls. I mean, come ON! "Oh no, a zombie is behind me with a broken bottle, I'll just turn around and shoot him.

Oh crap, he hit me! If only I could turn around faster!"

"Oh look, a corner! Too bad I'm too retarded to run around it, I have to run to it, stop, turn, then keep running! Good thing I don't have any pressure on me, it would be a bitch if Albert Whesker was chasing me right now!"
:|

steve the gaming guy

Postby steve the gaming guy » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:41 am

Poor thani...
If you're playing Xbox, try pressing down and A to do the quick turn-around. As for turning corners, welcome to the legacy of Resident Evil. On the Wesker, I just kept running... don't stop in the back hallways. Just run like a little girl. Wesker will eventually realize that he doesn't want to kill a little girl and he'll leave.

Here's what sucks though... We played through the whole game... We unlocked all the Mercenary levels and unlocked a few of the characters and then my friend's Xbox gets the Red Ring of Death and has to exchange the Xbox for a new one. [CLICK] Start Again. All saved games for every game we've ever played is gone. :(

Oh well...

One more note, Thana-banana, they screwed up in designing the multiplayer where after you've signed in the player one control, there's no option to sign in to multiplayer (even if you signed in the second controller before turning on the game).... so, you have to go all the way into the game single player, then once the game starts, the second player hits start and he has to sign in but alas, it takes you back to the intro screen of the game and you have to go all the way back into the game again. It was lame.

Thanatos

Postby Thanatos » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:52 pm

On a completely unrelated note, all the designers of RE5 have been killed by mysterious Thana-banana related incidents.

I know how to get around all these control flaws, but they shouldn't have been there in the first place. Maybe if the Japs had tried to get the controls right instead of making Jills boobs bounce... Nah.

steve the gaming guy

Postby steve the gaming guy » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:36 pm

Ah.. Jill.

Well the pressing down and A to turn around isn't a control flaw!

Thanatos

Postby Thanatos » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:45 pm

Thanatos wrote:"Oh look, a corner! Too bad I'm too retarded to run around it, I have to run to it, stop, turn, then keep running! Good thing I don't have any pressure on me, it would be a bitch if Albert Whesker was chasing me right now!"
:|

I have now gotten to the point that I have to quote myself to win the argument. Thus, I insta-win.

Return to “General Discussion”