2 new songs

For general chat about anything else

Moderators: Pertex, Alex, sgreig, Cryophile

Postby witch wyzwurd » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:43 pm

My first impression Syco was: Cool title ruined by mediocre music. I'm not saying you don't display talent. It's just that the rhythm riff is a common sounding one (rehashed from the 70's and mid 80's). The rhythm riff immediately made me want to blurt out... "This sounds like..." but I can't place it. The solo obviously wasn't worked out to a finished product, but it's evident that you can move your fingers upon the fretboard and use a whammy bar. I'll be listening forward for any other music you post.
witch wyzwurd

Postby Sycophant » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:26 pm

witch wyzwurd wrote:My first impression Syco was: Cool title ruined by mediocre music. I'm not saying you don't display talent. It's just that the rhythm riff is a common sounding one (rehashed from the 70's and mid 80's). The rhythm riff immediately made me want to blurt out... "This sounds like..." but I can't place it. The solo obviously wasn't worked out to a finished product, but it's evident that you can move your fingers upon the fretboard and use a whammy bar. I'll be listening forward for any other music you post.

Thanks for listening. As I've stated it's not a full tune or even meant to be. It was a quickly thrown together piece to join in the fun. The drum track doesn't even match up. LOL It's not a true gage of my talent. But more of a hey I wanna join in the fun.. The solo was in part just warm up type exercises and fooling about. I don't have a whammy bar though.

To be honest, this is the reason I haven't put my game out yet. It should be judged on it's merits as a finished product and it's not finished.
Sycophant

Postby witch wyzwurd » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:43 am

Yah, that's the impression I got. I listened to it again and realized you're trilling, and not using a whammy bar. The speakers on my laptop are that bad! :{
witch wyzwurd

Previous

Return to General Discussion