Ross Grumet

For general chat about anything else

Moderators: Pertex, Cryophile, Alex, sgreig

Ross Grumet

Postby O_VAUGHAN » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:14 am

Ross Grumet is a friend of mine. We have never met IRL but we have exchanged many many many emails and talked on the phone a lot. He is the person who is reviewing my book before I send it to the publisher. Recently he "published" the McDonaldland on another forum. It got edited for plagarism. I would like to say that he has permission to put that information wherever he sees fit. He is a first-class academic and quite frankly, I trust his judgement.

Ros called me today and informed me of this and although I don't post here too often for obvious reasons, Whyld, I thought that it would be of assistance to Ross to make this one post. FWIW, I wish all of you the best and Alex, continued success with Quest.
O_VAUGHAN

Postby davidw » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:32 am

The obvious reason you don't post here, Vaughan, is that you're certifiably insane and people here have a tendency to point that out to you.
davidw

Postby GameBoy » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:18 am

Guess what I bought O_VAUGHAN for Christmas...

http://members.tripod.com/sjfloats/dandux.jpg
GameBoy

Postby davidw » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:53 pm

If it's not his tombstone with the words "HINT HINT" engraved on the front, you've got him the wrong thing.
davidw

Postby witch wyzwurd » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:59 pm

davidw wrote:The obvious reason you don't post here, Vaughan, is that you're certifiably insane and people here have a tendency to point that out to you.

Take "side" for example. If you're outside, you are beyond the boundary of the "side." If you are inside, you are bounded by the "side."

So to be insane, means you are "in" the realm of saneness. So Vaughan, DavidW was actually complimenting you. Otherwise, he would have typed "outsane."

For a trip into the realm of outsanity, I suggest listening to music by Crom-Tech or Orthrelm.
witch wyzwurd

Postby Elexxorine » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:06 pm

Actually the 'in' is a greek prefix donating the opposite, like 'inacurate', so it does mean 'not sane'. But jsut for the stand, you guys are too mean on Vaughan... be nice for a change... :(
Elexxorine

Postby witch wyzwurd » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:16 pm

Elexxore (whoops, did I forget the in?)

I'm aware of the history of the prefix "in," but you are approaching language with a dimension lesser than I. Much like if you call a person a "moron," you are actually complimenting them. You are saying they are "more on" or "more enlightened." what one should say is "moroff." A "moron" is actually what one would call a "lesson," and "lesson" is a synonym for "moroff." Get it?

Or think of the word "on." One says the opposite is "off." Huh? It's "no." "On" is to allow something to work, "no" denies it, and it's an anagram to boot. "Off" is akin to "ffo" or "foe."
witch wyzwurd

Postby Elexxorine » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:24 pm

My brain just leaked out my ears, now the cleaner's going to kill me!! All over the computer room carpet... Why do people put carpets in computer room then put whellie chairs in there, don't they know that the second you sit on the chair it becomes impossible to move them because of the carpet? It pisses me off sooo much!! ARG! And they ran out of pasta in the canteen and I had to have pizza, not that I'm against pizza or anything but my sister says I'm getting fat and I'm inclined to believe her. AND there's a guy across the room who thinks 'double spacing' is having two spaces away each word, it's a gap between each line *whack*! Anyway the brain juice seems to be melting a hole in the floor... eep.
Elexxorine

Postby witch wyzwurd » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:32 pm

Now that your cerebral cortex has displayed itself upon the obstructing carpet, I suggest you use your medulla to keep your heart and lungs going, and reformulate your neural pathways. Stretch your synaptic bulbs and dendrites and fashion a chain to the 2-space (get it? 2D) idiot and crawl in through his ear. Enter his parietal lobe and control his fingers and teach him how to type. If that doesn't work, have him listen to Crom-Tech.
witch wyzwurd

Postby davidw » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:46 pm

Warning to any newcomers reading this thread for the first time:

Vaughan is mad.

Witch Wyzwurd is even madder.

Just in case you were wondering.
davidw

Postby GameBoy » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:58 pm

You can't just split words up to make 2 different words, unless they're meant to be split up to make 2 different words (Like Anti-Social)

Insane has a meaning in the dictionary, you can't just pull it apart and make your own meaning for it, that's just rediculous.
GameBoy

Postby witch wyzwurd » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:04 am

You can't just split words up to make 2 different words, unless they're meant to be split up to make 2 different words (Like Anti-Social)

so GENESIS isn't SEE GINS (gin: begin) or IS GENES?

and...

INNOVATED VEIN. AND TO TEND VEIN: INVENTED, CRAFTED (FACT) RED BLOOD. LO, BOD PLASMA.
LA, MAPS PH DIAGRAM.
DIAPHRAGM TISSUE; ITS USE: SEPARATES PARTS... SEE A ABDOMEN.
BOD NAME: INTESTINE. ET INSET IN TORSO.
ROOTS HAIRS RASH. I....

(ET is latin for "and")

or...

ME OR MY MEMORY: SET OR STORE INFORMATION INTO.
AN I FORM EMOTION IN ME TOO.
IMAGINATION I GOT: A MAIN IN TESTING, SETTING CREATION REACTION.

isn't allowed?

Well then, you better tell anyone whoever used codes like Morse that dots, dashes, or other symbols can't be used to represent letters or numbers. That seems more outlandish than splitting words.

How about: SWORD WORDS? (as in slice words)

I'm really hanging off the edge with...

WORLD: WORD LORD..... WORD + LORD.
GLOBE: BE LOG (as in an account of)
PLANET: ET PLAN (as in... and plan)

Think of language having two sides; a double-sided spell. On one side, you see language with the grammatical rules which you consciously adhere to. The other side is the dimension I'm showing, which influences the conscious mind, but is buried and hidden from it. Something like if you invent a mechanical part that's used for one purpose, but then you or someone else uncovers its use for another reason. Don't tell me you believe that the mechanical part wasn't meant to be used toward the second cause before it was unveiled to do so. Thats why it works... because it was meant to.
witch wyzwurd

Postby Elexxorine » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:18 am

What you're doing prolly has a name but I can't think of it now, but it's like numberology, messing with language to predict things and is generally classified as evil magic, though not really it's only divination. Anyways, I hate everything right now, damn these mood swings, stupid leaky brain! CURSE YOU WYZWURD!!!

PS: I'm not really mad.
Elexxorine

Postby davidw » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:44 am

elexxorine wrote:What you're doing prolly has a name but I can't think of it now

Insanity?
davidw

Postby witch wyzwurd » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:54 am

elexxorine wrote:CURSE YOU WYZWURD!!!

Know, Cursive you!!! I spell Good.
witch wyzwurd

Next

Return to General Discussion