Does this sound like something that would interest you?

lightwriter
I'm working on a game that's not really a text adventure but is being made using Quest... it's called Shop Shaper..
You own a shop where you can sale anything you want... you get your stock from other shops that have 5 random items every minute and the prices have a range set for each item. You can sale a certain category like food from a grocery store or varied things like pizza and books.
At first your shop can only stock up to 5 items but your shop size automatically increases as you earn more profit.
I will have a Proof of Concept up in a week or 2 to get some feedback.
Also, I got a lot of what I said it's going to be like, that's why I've been asking help so much.

Marzipan
I'm a big fan of simulation games in general and Recettear in particular so in theory it's a workable concept.

That said, whether I'd like this specific game would likely depend on the depth and polish of the implementation and how much strategy is involved.

XanMag
Question... Would this game have an ending or is it an ongoing game where the bigger-the-better is better? Either way, it would certainly be worth a shot if for nothing else its uniqueness.

Also, I assume there would be setbacks and/or other challenges along the way? Or is it a random chance to get better things sort of progression?

Anyway... In short, yes, I'm interested in this idea and look forward to trying it out!

Good luck and happy gaming!

XanMag

lightwriter
Answer to some of the questions:
I was debating on random events, like it's possible for someone to donate to your shop or steal money from it... other things too because then it'll make the game vary.
I wouldn't say it would extremely realistic because you aren't ordering merchandise, just buying it from other stores. I guess simulator is a good term to describe it.
It will be an endless game or you quit until you get bored.