Emp made some games

empish
Hallo. So I made some games before a friend referred me to this website, and I've uploaded them here. Both are pretty short, but I'd be interested in feedback, as I'm working on a longer one.

http://textadventures.co.uk/user/view/a ... rsw/empish

XanMag
Played both. Totaled four minutes of game time. If possible... give a points out of at the end of the timed one. What the heck does 42346 (or whatever) mean? Is there a high score? That would be helpful. Also maybe preface it with a goal? What's the goal? Go as quick as possible? Be thorough? What do I need to do to score well?

The first one is just an exercise in programming I assume. By classic puzzle, you weren't kidding. And, maybe add in a lowest score possible note at the end? To see how awesome I was when I won? Try using quest to create a TA. I'd be curious to see how you like it.

empish
Yeah, I warned you that they were short. xD Yes, an explanation of points or goal would be a good idea, but I kind of wanted to get the hurried/rushed feeling of how you might really be in the morning, especially if you snooze. So I guess all my explanation would come at the end.

You're precisely right. The puzzle one was the first time I'd programmed in JavaScript and I used it as an example for my students to show the kinds of things you could make with it.

I'm planning on trying out quest, though I'm actually a programmer so I'll have to see how much flexibility it gives me. Might recommend it to my students if I like it. The one I"m currently working on I'm just coding up. It's a lot more of a story-driven, half rpg, half escape-the-room.

Thanks so much for your feedback, I really appreciate it.

XanMag
I think you'll be impressed with the power of quest. I'm really proud of the progress I've made NOT having experience with programming. The road blocks and limitations I'm running into is largely because I don't know coding well enough to fix my problems. So, knowing code is hugely beneficial but not necessary. I think you'll have success and enjoy using quest especially if you have a clue about code. Also, don't hesitate to ask questions. There are tons of knowledgeable (not me! lol) and helpful people on the site. Good luck!