The Nebula v0.5

adrao
I now think that I have a semi-decent version of my game "The Nebula" which should be ready for people to see. Anybody interested please find it in the link below:

http://textadventures.co.uk/games/view/ ... the-nebula

I am not prepared to release it yet to the wider public, as I think that it needs further review, and I would welcome any comments/ideas/feedback/typos that people would like to point out (please send me private message, post here, or review in the game)

Some points about the game, I have I have been working on it (a gamebook that uses heavy scripting) for around 3 months now. Some of its characteristics so far:

-Character creation system (5 attributes and 6 different skills)
-Combat system (includes the character's dodge, laser attack skill, armour, etc), there are around 11 combat sequences, which are resolved automatically by the game using random number generation.
-322 pages (although some of them sort of change, so I suspect that this underestimates the length of the game).
-Around 17 star systems to explore (though not all are developed to the same extent, still working on adding more things to do in some of them)

The only person to have reviewed the game so far (thank you once more, Jay) has noted already that this is a huge game, and that was at a time when it was half the size it has grown to be. I have done some extensive testing myself, to make sure there are no broken links etc (though if you find any please let me know) and have run a spellchecker (though there are probably still some grammar issues at place/typos). Anyway, all feedback is welcome!

Also, please let me know which parts of the game you enjoyed most/least, so that I can expand the game accordingly

AlDaBeast
I left a rating for you, which has the comments included.

adrao
AlDaBeast, thanks for the rating and comments. How far into the game did you actually go, and what where your general thoughts on it? Any parts you enjoyed more or less than others?

ejm29
Thats a truly great game. You should be very proud. (See my review) my favorite text game so far. :D

AlDaBeast
I got far into the game. I enjoyed learning about the lore, and about the mystery. For example, going into the Xenobiology research center, and learning about the Komi on Wip Main. The free open-exploration adds to the space exploring experience, and creates a tremendous sense of customization.

My game is going pretty good, but obviously not as great as yours.

adrao
Guys, thanks a lot for the kind words, makes me feel good about the hours spend on it (believe me quite a few).

However, do you have any suggestions for improvement? Which parts you thought were a bit more boring, or needed more work on them?

ejm29
I can't think of anything that really needs to be changed. As a matter of fact I struggle to think of any falt at all.

ejm29
Every page and plot it well written and engaging, the story feels very flexible and well thought out. The only thing I could say is that I hope for a second one one day. ;)