Looking for Dutch testers

miepmiep
Hello,

For a game I've written for an introductory research and statistics course, I'm looking for Dutch speaking/reading testplayers.
The game can be found at: http://textadventures.co.uk/games/view/ ... the-galaxy
I have a word file with all the answers to the statistical puzzles, and a plot description (with spoilers) but I can't attach that to this message. So, if you send me a pm with your e-mail address, or mail me at [email protected] I will send you that information.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

BTW if any non Dutch speaking people want to look through the game, and send me there feedback, that is greatly appreciated as wel, of course!

Avantar
OK then - I had a look at your game... It is pretty impressive! I cannot comment on grammar and spelling since I am not Dutch, but there is tremendous effort put into the game. I do not have flash player installed on IE and I did not install it - the wife was busy watching Netflix and I do not have the best of Internet connections :-) (Did not want to interrupt her soap...)
Saying that - I did check out the links pointing to various web sites. I liked the archive room - there are a lot of links.

I struggled to progress on my own and was thankful for the Word document!
One thing: I entered the test room, did the test on my own and only scored 3 - lol! I listened/read the tape recorder, left the room and could not go back - password not working any more, went back to my sleeping chamber and looked under the chair again and this time it gave no description at all.

Some things you have implemented I really liked:
When the question is asked, the question will stay at the top and when answering the links to the answers will disappear and the answer will move up under the question - no idea how that is done, but very nicely done.
Pictures added (photo, transporter, etc.) As well as sound!
Tables in the book I have got no idea what they are about - statistieke?
The whole idea of getting fuel for correct answers.

Language might have been a hurdle and even though it was not necessary to find the key to the lift, I really wanted to - hoped for bonus hydrogen molecules. :-) Took a couple of tries for me to find the photo on my own - I just remember there is suppose to be a photo in the room when I first glanced at the Word document.
So in other words - I found the game challenging but not frustrating. Then again I am not the sharpest pencil out there. :-)

Overall I liked the story behind the educational game as well as the puzzles.
I appreciate the effort that went into this game.
I know that it is hard testing your own game because you know what the solutions are to your puzzles (I mean they are all logic -right?) and before you even set foot out of the first room, you have already gone over the first room step by step a 1000 times and all of a sudden you notice something odd on test 1001. :-) Not to mention someone broke your game typing in something you never thought someone would think of typing...
I am sure there were a lot of hurdles and I commend you on going over them and complete this game.

I did not find anything broken but I did find the computer switching on and off a bit awkward: Not for the reason that you have to switch the screen on, I was just looking for a on and off switch on the screen too. I wasn't always sure if I should look at the screen or try to switch the pc on again.

Well done! I hope my soon to come module will live up to this one. I recommend this to anyone...almost a pity that mostly only Dutch people will be able to enjoy this title. There are good games on Quest, but they are scares and this is one of them.