Try/Playtest My Game!

Tensin
It's my first text adventure. It's called "The House: Dark". I've been working to iron out all the bugs, but I keep finding more. Could some of you try it out and give me suggestions and tips to where there are bugs.

Thanks!

Link! http://textadventures.co.uk/games/view/fto8uueituirghnr6f1lrg/the-house-dark

Silver
In the very first room:

You are in a Mudroom.
The mudroom is longer than it is wide, four doors lead out, and a set of folding doors appears to open unto a closet. There are coats hung along one wall, at the center of said wall hangs a hexagonal mirror. underneath the mirror and the coats, on the floor, lay many pairs of shoes, they are, only in the broadest means, organised.

You can go north, south, west, east or in.

> examine folding doors
I can't see that.

> examine mirror
I can't see that.

> examine floor
I can't see that.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Aside from bugs, polished games will have a description for everything that can be seen. People will look at everything because although you might know they're irrelevent to the game, the player doesn't know until they check and it's good to be able to see things that are there.

Tensin
Thanks Silver,

I'm working on it as I type.

jaynabonne
In addition to what Silver said (do it!), I would suggest a good proofreading by you. In the front yard, you have this description:

The front yard is partially illuminated be the light from inside the house. The yard is bare of everything but grass, at the bottom you can make out a fence, beyond that you can see smething moving in the murky darkness. An animal maybe? Another person? Either way, you on't want to step into the darkness to find out.

I'm sure if you just read it, you'll see the three misspellings there.

You also need to get your run-on sentences under control. They're all over the place. Basically, you cannot splice sentences together with a comma. (In the above block, it should be "The yard is bare of everything but grass. At the bottom you can make out a fence. Beyond that, you can see something moving in the murky darkness.") It might seem nit picky, but these are text games, and all the errors detract from what you're trying to do.