Memory Exchange Program Sci-Fi story

Novirtue
Hey everyone :) just wanted to announce this game I've made, I've used the old 70s/80s style of frozen frame with descriptions of the room, the game is relatively short ( about 30-45 minutes).

I drew all of the art with microsoft paint, spent 3 months writing it, 3 months drawing the scenes, and another 2 months debugging, if someone does find any bugs, please let me know! :)

http://textadventures.co.uk/games/view/ ... ge-program

george
hi Novirtue, thanks for the game, the drawings are really charming (I love the shower curtain). I think there are a few areas you could think about polishing. A lot of items are just set up with the 'use' verb. For example, you can't 'take shower', or 'shower', you have to 'use shower' (even though the text says, 'You should take a shower'). You can't 'shave', you have to 'use shaver'. Later, when you examine the Utili Tool, it says "you simply ask what you want and this makes it for you". When you 'ask tool for omelet', it doesn't understand. You have to 'utili tool make omelet'. But then it's not clear if you've already eaten the omelet -- when you try 'eat omelet', it says it can't see that.

I think the main point is that the game text suggests commands you can do, and you should reasonably try to anticipate what the player will try and make those commands possible. Then the player gets more involved with the fictional world you've created, rather than clicking around on lists and menus.

Novirtue
Thanks for the feedback, the utili tool is there to make one component that will be needed later in the game, everything else shows in your inventory as "prepared meal" which you can consume, I wanted to make it easy as my first game. I also should point out that English isn't my first language, so my vocabulary is limited, thank you for trying the game! The ending is definitely unexpected, viewer discretion is probably advised.