Brainstorming Story Ideas for Pokemon-Style Game

Elexxorine
I'm making a pokemon-style game, with battling monsters and such, but original monsters and maps, story, etc. It's currently very early stages, been working on the battle engine today...

Apart from being able to join the team rocket equivalent (which is something I always wanted to do, playing pokemon), I'm not sure what to do with the story-line though.

Is anyone interested in helping out, either story, making monsters, attacks, maps, or even help programming (using Quest 3.53 atm, yeah I know it's old but I like it best)?

Entropic Pen
For the head's up, I would recommend using Quest 5.4 since a majority of programmers here use it, including me.

I don't play Pokémon but I did watch the original anime from back when there was 150 that I was born to see, but if you need anything programming-wise, I'd go to these guys:
- Jaynabonne
- Pertex
- Sora572
- Entropic Pen (I'd watch out for him, he's a bit of a noob)

Some immediate advice from experience is that you should at first refine your overall game engine (combat, economy, Pokémon) before working on the map layout/story.

Elexxorine
I could never get my head around the new versions, been using Quest for over a decade.

I'll work on the engine first, then work on story thanks.