Attack of the Flying Saucer (GER, ENG, Gamebook, CYOA)

Caveman

Play: http://textadventures.co.uk/games/view/ ... ebook-cyoa

----------
ENGLISH
----------
Attack Of The Flying Saucer

A cozy afternoon turns into a fight for survival for you and your girlfriend when a flying saucer appears and lays waste to your town. Run for your lives!

Hi! I'm Caveman and I'm happy to present to you my first finished Gamebook. It's a choose-your-own-adventure type game and it's rather short. It won't take you more than 15-20 minutes to finish it. My aim was not to create a gigantic masterpiece but to make something that provides the player with a few minutes of entertainment. I hope the game manages that and I am looking forward to your feedback.
I am not a native English speaker so if you see any lines in the game that make you cringe, I'd love to hear your suggestions for improvement.

Enjoy!

-----------
DEUTSCH
-----------
Angriff Der Fliegenden Untertasse

Ein gemütlicher Nachmittag wird zum Überlebenskampf für dich und deine Freundin als eine fliegende Untertasse auftaucht und eure Stadt in Schutt und Asche legt. Lauft um euer Leben!

Hi! Ich bin Caveman und ich freue mich, dass ich euch mein erstes fertiggestelltes Gamebook präsentieren kann! Es ist eins dieser choose-your-own-adventure-Spiele und es ist ziemlich kurz. Man kann es locker in 15-20 Minuten beenden. Mein Ziel war es auch nicht ein Mammut- oder Meisterwerk zu kreieren, sondern etwas, das dem Spieler ein paar Minuten Spaß bereitet. Ich hoffe, dass das Spiel diesem Anspruch gerecht wird und freue mich darauf, eure Meinungen zu hören!

Viel Spaß!

CAVEMAN

Dec 04 2013, updated English translation

Clothespin
Haha, love how male-oriented the beginning of the game is. :lol: I liked it! I did die fairly quickly the first time though... Did the German version by the way, thought it would be a good way to practice. :mrgreen:

Caveman
Clothespin wrote: love how male-oriented the beginning of the game is.

Ha ha, and I had a lot of fun writing it. :) Since you mentioned dying: did the checkpoints work well for you? Like, were there enough of them and did you feel frustrated when you had to repeat parts? Out of curiostiy, why are you learning German?