Welcome to Dream Valley (Abandoned)

Entropic Pen
This project has been abandoned for personal reasons that should remain personal.

I've updated the game with what I got so there you go.

HERE's the game:

http://textadventures.co.uk/games/view/ ... alley-demo

Entropic Pen
I want to give a shout-out to jaynabonne for helping me implement some of his scripts into the game that'll make it a lot more interesting.

The first was a path-finder system. How it works is that when you're totally lost in Dream Valley, you can activate this system and select any location you want to find and it'll find the quickest route there. This will take place of the iconic map screen of "My Little Time Killer"... and it's much cooler and awesome!

The second (yet first to giving me a headache) is the addition of a fifth pane that is used for "Equipment". This pane is right below the Inventory pane, and it contains the pathfinder I just mentioned, your potions, sets of armor, weapons, and spoils of battle. It'll save a ton of space on-screen now that you can have quest items and equipment separate without some giant list.

So thank you jaynabonne for putting up with my lackluster programming as I'm getting "Welcome to Dream Valley" together.

UPDATE: These features are now in the DEMO!

jaynabonne
Nothing makes me happier than knowing people are able to make good use of the code I offer. :)

Entropic Pen
These are the spoiler-riddled walkthroughs of the two side-quests: "Rescue from Cloud Castle", and "Seapony Savior".

Entropic Pen
Just making sure the news gets out there that I've abandoned this project.

jaynabonne
What happened? (If I may ask.)

Entropic Pen
It's a personal, Jay. I don't feel that satisfaction of actually completing something and has spent more time fixing what I've created. I feel fustrated and angry everytime I open it up because I have a lot of ideas that just wouldn't fit into a fantasy pony game yet I would have to work on it. This new project I've mentioned has given me far more liberties and chances to expand upon them. This game internal work feels like a fuster cluck of a lot of effort going into nothing and it's angered me to the point where I just don't give a sh!t about it.

Think about it; Welcome to Dream Valley at it's core is mostly an empty feild with random enemy encounters which is the only reason it got famous in the first place. I feel no satisfaction working on it and I'm bot taking it any longer.

Don't worry about the Pathfinder and "Equipment Pane" libraries, I'm making good use of them in the other project I keep bringing up.

jaynabonne
I see, and I can understand that. Sometimes bodies of work are stepping stones to new and better things.

Best of luck with the new project. :)

Entropic Pen
Thanks Jay.

I'll put a thread up including a demo version that'll cut out all but two areas just so everyone is sure that I'm not bull-shipping here about this project. Dare I say, they'll be impressed.

I'll put out the demo when it's done*

*Count in variables like college, homework, my online class, the fact thaty parents depend on me to do a majority of the housework, and the powerful factor of human laziness, you'll get a very broad range of possible dates.

jaynabonne
It's your timetable, my friend. It will come in its due time. And don't worry, we believe you. (Your track record is good.)