Blight of Elantria

gobhead184
Does anyone one know how to open the puzzlebox found in the tower? :?:

cdutton184
The box is magically protected and can only open one way. You need to go to the top of the tower and THROW PUZZLEBOX off it so it smashes open on the ground below by the Tower door.

CARLDUNNINGTON
Hi, I am new to these games and I am playing Blight of Elantria. I need some help to get started please, I need to find ring for Elf, fix oar to go to on the island, get past the snow wolf to go to ice palace, find spectacles for count, I have salt, pickaxe and a knife.

Also could anybody give me general tips about how to play the games and working things out for myself.

thanks in advance

Carl

dredanraz
Can you tell me where to get that pickaxe and oar? What I found is : dead mouse, knife, copper key, silver crucifix, shield, egg, bag of salt, apple, red crystal.
Also, open the telescope, and give the lens to the count. That solves the spectacles problem.

CARLDUNNINGTON
thanks for info on lense/spectacles Dredanraz.

to get Oar, go to river bank south west of yadda tree and type cross bridge, you will find boat house north and wizards house south.

To get pickaxe give apple to orge who lives in Cave of Xanthos.

Can you give me help on elf's ring, getting past snow wolf?

Where did you get shield, silver crucifix, red crystal, dead mouse, copper key, egg?

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you on?

cheers Carl

dredanraz
Thanks mate. Didn't think of 'Cross bridge' -_-'
Anyway. Open telescope, take lens, give lens to Count. He will offer you the shield.
Go to the windmill and use the knife on the sac. The copper key will fall out. Use the key on the casket in that church at the graveyard. You will find the crucifix. Use the crucifix on the farmer ;)
In that church-place, scare the bats. They will drop the mouse.
Try riding the horse. He will escape toward the temple. Ride him again, he will hit a tree and the egg will fall. Also, use salt on the bowl in the temple ;)

Oh, one more thing, try moving the painting in the gallery in the castle.

CARLDUNNINGTON
thanks buddy

thats loads of tips to keep me going for a while.

Keep in touch and we can help each other out :)

CARLDUNNINGTON
Ok, need help!

I stuck again......

I have bronze key, small ruby, obsidian disc, copper key, dead mouse, oar, shovel, silver crucifix, red crystal, amulet, shield, kinife, pickaxe.

Anyone know how to get past snow wolf?
Know what to do at the ice dragon's palace?
The trapper follows me around but don't know what to do with him?
found sap on yadda tree but dont know what to do with it?
what do I do at Xathos cave? with black sphere etc?
what do I put in the circular indent in the waterfall?

If can share ideas with anybody else playing this game.

cheers Carl :)

dredanraz
You can use broken stuff on the sap. Also, try digging in the graveyard or the avalanche for stuff that might distract the wolf.
Look at the picture in the gallery, it should give you an idea.

CARLDUNNINGTON
thanks mate but you help is quite cryptic and I'm not that clever!!

I tried fixing oar with sap but doesn't work! what am I doing wrong?

I dug up the grave found coffin and skeleton but what next?

picture in gallery is of waterfall, went into waterfall found circular indent but what next?

dug in avalanche found dead goblin but what next?

dredanraz
Well, I was trying not to spoil. Think of what did you find under the painting. After all, the indent is circular (round).
-The syntax is 'Use (item) on sap'
-Try pulling the skeleton. That should rip his leg off.
Also, I have no idea about the trapper, I couldn't get him to follow me.
-Put the ruby in the amulet.
-use oar on boat.

EDIT: Ooh, ooh, something I've just managed to pull off. You can 'steal' the lamp from the wizard. What to do with it, though, I have no idea.

CARLDUNNINGTON
ok I fixed the oar with the sap and got the blue crystal from the ghoul by using crucifix.

still cant get past snow wolf.
dont know what to do with circular indent in waterfall
with dead goblin at avalanche
how to get into the tower
how to get elf ring

i have the following items - bronze key, small ruby, shovel, knife, shield, smulet, silver crucifix, dead mouse, blue crystal, copper key, pickaxe.

any help gratefully accepted!

thanks Carl :)

CARLDUNNINGTON
thanks buddy, only just saw your last post. trapper followed me when I spoke to him after having seen ice dragon, he want to defeat ice dragon but when I go to see ice dragon no idea what to do.

this is the first quest game ive played so still learning all the key words to use!

dredanraz
Fine. I will spoil now. Use the disc on the indent.
You should find an iron key, if I remember correctly. Go to the graveyard, use it on the gate. Open the gate, and enter the crypt
Use the shovel on the sarcophagus. It will break, so go fix it with the sap, come back and do the same again. This time, you should find a corpse. Look at it, and there should be a gold key. That opens the tower. Inside you should find the puzzlebox. As previous posts say, 'throw puzzlebox' when you're at the top. It will break at the bottom, and inside will be the ring.
'pull skeleton' is what you should do. and then take the bone when it comes off. Give the bone to the wolf.

EDIT: Oh. Didnt see that post.

CARLDUNNINGTON
thanks buddy, Im getting there, will let you know when stuck again. done loads more today, let me know if you need help on anything?

CARLDUNNINGTON
Ok I'm stuck again!!!

Can anybody help?

I don't know how to kill the ice dragon.
Need to find the right number scroll
don't know what to do with ice sprite
don't know what to do with black sphere in xathos cave
don't know how to speak to ice queen
don't know what to do with mirror of enlightenment
I don't know what to do with amulet of air
what to do with bow and golden arrow
what to do with oak tree

i have the following items which i haven't used at all: dead mouse, lamp, golden arrow, bow, blue crystal, red crystal, shield plus lots of other items I have used already.

any help from people would be great

thanks Carl

CARLDUNNINGTON
also need flag for flagpole in tower.

CARLDUNNINGTON
Ok need more help,

I have put Xanthos in the Orb but then I am stuck as ice bridge goes, what do I next, how do I cross the river?
how do I cast out Xanthos?
Also what do in the Giant Spider's cavern?

anybody out there who can help me it would be much appreciated, this is my first game on textadventures and I really want to finish it!!

kh22
hey carl, how do u get the orb of blood?

cdutton184
This walkthru is followed move by move - if there are any mistakes, let me know.

S, SE, SE, S, S, E, TAKE KNIFE, W, N, SW, X SCARECROW, X COAT, X POCKET, TAKE SNUFFBOX, X SNUFFBOX, W, USE KNIFE ON SACK, TAKE COPPER KEY, OUT, NE, N, NW, S, W, USE COPPER KEY ON CASKET, OPEN CASKET, X CASKET, TAKE CRUCIFIX, OUT, N, SE, S, SW, S, USE CRUCIFIX ON FARMER, TAKE RED CRYSTAL, OUT, NE, N, NW, NW, SW, CROSS BRIDGE, N, TAKE OAR, OUT, CROSS BRIDGE, NE, USE KNIFE ON YADDA TREE, USE OAR ON SAP, N, N, N, E, E, OPEN CUPBOARD, TAKE SALT, W, W, S, S, E, E, S, USE SALT ON BOWL, X RECESS, TAKE BRONZE KEY, TAKE RUBY, OUT, W, W, S, SE, SE, USE OAR ON BOAT, USE BRONZE KEY ON GRATING, OPEN GRATING, D, USE CRUCIFIX ON GHOUL, TAKE BLUE CRYSTAL, U, USE OAR ON BOAT, NW, NW, N, N, N, SW, RIDE HORSE, OUT, S, S, E, RIDE HORSE, TAKE EGG, W, S, SW, CROSS BRIDGE, S, SE, X FLOWERBED, TAKE SHOVEL, S, SPEAK TO MALBUS, GIVE EGG TO MALBUS, TAKE AMULET, TAKE LAMP, STEAL LAMP, USE RUBY ON AMULET, OUT, NW, N, CROSS BRIDGE, NE, SE, SE, S, S, S, SW, W, SW, NW, RUB AMULET, CROSS CLOUD, W, W, SW, W, U, READ SIGN, D, E, S, X HEAD, PUSH LEFT EYE, PUSH MOUTH, PUSH NOSE, PUSH RIGHT EYE, TAKE EMERALD, N, NE, E, E, CROSS CLOUD, SE, NE, OUT, NE, N, N, N, NW, NW, N, N, N, E, LIFT TAPESTRY, TURN WHEEL, W, N, GO TO SECRET ROOM, USE EMERALD ON CLOCK, TAKE GREEN CRYSTAL, OUT, S, S, S, S, SE, S, USE SHOVEL ON GRAVE, OPEN COFFIN, X COFFIN, PULL SKELETON, TAKE BONE, N, SE, S, S, S, SE, S, E, SE, GIVE BONE TO WOLF, E, E, USE RED CRYSTAL ON MONOLITH, USE BLUE CRYSTAL ON MONOLITH, USE GREEN CRYSTAL ON MONOLITH, TAKE WARHAMMER, N, USE WARHAMMER ON ICE QUEEN, TAKE ICE KEY, S, W, W, NW, W, N, NW, N, N, N, NW, NW, N, N, N, W, OPEN TELESCOPE, TAKE LENS, NW, LIFT PAINTING, TAKE DISC, SE, E, U, GIVE LENS TO COUNT, TAKE SHIELD, D, S, S, S, SW, CROSS BRIDGE, S, ENTER WATERFALL, USE DISC ON INDENT, TAKE IRON KEY, OUT, N, CROSS BRIDGE, NE, SE, S, USE IRON KEY ON GATE, OPEN GATE, D, USE SHOVEL ON SARCOPHAGUS, U, N, NW, USE SHOVEL ON SAP, SE, S, D, USE SHOVEL ON SARCOPHAGUS, X SARCOPHAGUS, X CORPSE, TAKE GOLD KEY, U, N, NW, N, W, USE GOLD KEY ON DOOR, OPEN DOOR, W, U, TAKE PUZZLEBOX, U, THROW PUZZLEBOX, D, D, OUT, TAKE RING, E, S, SE, SE, S, SPEAK TO ELF, GIVE RING TO ELF, TAKE BOW, TAKE ARROW, N, NW, NW, N, N, N, E, E, D, OPEN BARREL, TAKE APPLE, U, W, W, S, S, S, SE, SE, S, S, S, SW, W, SW, S, GIVE APPLE TO OGRE, TAKE PICKAXE, N, NE, OUT, NE, SE, S, E, N, USE PICKAXE ON ROCKS, N, S, S, W, S, SPEAK TO TRAPPER, OUT, E, N, N, GIVE SHIELD TO TRAPPER, USE ARROW ON DRAGON, TAKE GEMSTONE, S, S, W, N, SW, USE SHOVEL ON AVALANCHE, USE KNIFE ON GOBLIN, TAKE HAND, NE, NW, N, N, N, NW, S, W, U, SCARE BATS, TAKE MOUSE, RING BELL, D, OUT, N, SE, S, S, S, SW, W, N, USE WARHAMMER ON SPHERE, TAKE SKULL, S, SW, NW, CROSS CLOUD, W, W, SW, W, U, N, SPEAK TO CRONES, GIVE HAND TO CRONES, GIVE MOUSE TO CRONES, GIVE SKULL TO CRONES, TAKE POTION, X POTION, USE GEMSTONE ON CRONES, TAKE FIRE KEY, S, S, USE ICE KEY ON CHEST, USE FIRE KEY ON CHEST, OPEN CHEST, X CHEST, TAKE PANDEMONICA, N, D, E, NE, E, N, SPEAK TO GHOST, S, E, CROSS CLOUD, SE, NE, OUT, NE, N, N, N, NW, NW, SW, CROSS BRIDGE, S, SE, S, GIVE POTION TO MALBUS, X POTION, OUT, NW, N, CROSS BRIDGE, NE, SE, USE POTION ON OAK TREE, X OAK, X HOLLOW, TAKE CROWN, SE, S, S, S, SE, S, E, SE, E, S, TURN MIRROR, X MIRROR (REMEMBER THE NUMBER), N, E, E, TAKE SCROLLS (TYPE IN NUMBER SEEN IN MIRROR), TAKE SCROLL OF TRANSLATION, USE SCROLL ON PANDEMONICA, READ PANDEMONICA, W, W, N, U, N, USE PANDEMONICA ON FIRE, TAKE ORB, S, D, S, NW, TAKE SHEETMUSIC, SE, W, NW, W, N, NW, N, N, N, NW, NW, SW, CROSS BRIDGE, S, SE, S, GIVE SHEETMUSIC TO MALBUS, OUT, NW, N, CROSS BRIDGE, NE, SE, SE, S, S, S, SE, S, E, SE, E, NW, PLAY ORGAN, RUB LAMP, TAKE WAND, SE, W, NW, W, N, NW, SW, W, SW, NW, CROSS CLOUD, W, N, GIVE CROWN TO GHOST, TAKE BATTLEHORN, S, W, NW, BLOW HORN, W, WAVE WAND, CROSS BRIDGE, W, USE ORB ON XANTHOS, E, THROW ORB, RUB LAMP, SPEAK TO MALBUS.

cdutton184
I've only recently discovered I was nominated for the XYZZY Awards. Didn't win anything of course but I would like to thank those who did nominate my game whomever you are, thank you very much.

CARLDUNNINGTON
Whats the Snuffbox for?

cdutton184
CARLDUNNINGTON wrote:Whats the Snuffbox for?

If you read the gravestones you'll notice that Jonas Leech, farmer, the date of his death has been clawed off. The snuffbox has his initials on it since it's his jacket. It was just a clue that the farmer isn't quite fully dead yet! The snuffbox has no other use in the game.

CARLDUNNINGTON
RE: snuffbox - very clever!

alvarezamy
I know I am almost at the end, but I cannot seem to find the battlehorn! I even sneaked a peak at the walkthru and followed, re-followed and re-re-followed the steps. No battlehorn!!! Am I missing something?

cdutton184
alvarezamy wrote:I know I am almost at the end, but I cannot seem to find the battlehorn! I even sneaked a peak at the walkthru and followed, re-followed and re-re-followed the steps. No battlehorn!!! Am I missing something?

Sorry about that! You're the first person in nearly a year to find an error in the Walkthru. I've fixed it now so it can be solved.

You basically should have the gold crown from the hollow in the 'ex-dead' oak tree. Enter the caves, cross the cloud and GIVE CROWN TO GHOST in the Sepulchre tomb. He will offer the Battlehorn. After the TAKE BATTLEHORN in the walkthu section following the rest of it will finish the game.

atorres
Oh great, I gave the apple to the HORSE and now have to restart.
That´s exactly what I hated on IFs of the 80´s.