Pirate Adventure Quest

mattjw
Arrrr! Your dream of being the captain of your own pirate ship is about to come true! Hunt treasure and plunder all the swag there is! Sail the open sea, fight anyone who opposes you, pass through island traps, and live by the pirate code!

Please rate the game. Your feedback is appreciated.
http://www.textadventures.co.uk/review/435/

mattroks101
Me and a friend did a let's play of this game and are going to put it up on youtube soon (if that's ok), but I can honestly say this is one of the most fun text adventure games I have played in a while. It really gives a nice open world feel and all the puzzles were fun :D So great job man, I applaud you.

mattjw
Wow thanks! I am so glad you enjoyed it. Feel free to make a video if you want that would be cool to see.

mattroks101
Here is the Let's Play:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO75Q-QfrUQ

mattjw
That is awesome! You guys are hilarious!

mattroks101
Oh well I'm glad you enjoyed it so far. I have like 5 parts left to put up though Dx But I honestly can't thank you enough for making such an awesome game.

sgreig
I subscribed to your Youtube channel, Mattroks. I found the LP really funny. Hopefully you'll be willing to do an LP of my game Sleuth when it's done. :)

mattjw: Pirate Adventure Quest is quite a good game. You should talk to Alex about converting the game and releasing it on mobile platforms.

mattroks101
sgreig wrote:I subscribed to your Youtube channel, Mattroks. I found the LP really funny. Hopefully you'll be willing to do an LP of my game Sleuth when it's done. :)

Yeah sure. I honestly think more people should LP Text Adventure games >_> I don't see why they don't.

mattjw
sgreig wrote:mattjw: Pirate Adventure Quest is quite a good game. You should talk to Alex about converting the game and releasing it on mobile platforms.

Thank you sgreig. This is something I have been considering after refining the game a little bit. Watching Mattroks's youtube videos has been immensely entertaining but also a good way to find things I would like to improve about the game.

So thank you Mattroks! An update will definitely take into account such things as feeding the rat to the monkey, talking to yourself, and will include some more Pirate language. I would love to see you continue your videos!

junichiro
Dunno if your game has a bug, or quest, or whether I have just missed something, but I ran into problems:

> up
You are on the Ship Bow.
You can see a port cannon, a starboard cannon and cannon balls.
You can go down or south.
There is a staircase leading down below deck and a cannon on either side of the ship. A stack of cannon balls stands ready.

> look at starboard cannon
a metal tube used for propelling spherical ammunition at dangerous speeds

> look at cannon balls
balls of steel

> put cannon ball in starboard cannon
You are not carrying it.

> take cannon balls
You can't take it.

> go south
You can't go there.

> down
You can't go there.

> talk to monkey
The monkey says,"After you know where you want to go TAKE HELM to get this ship moving!"

> look at port cannon
I can't see that.

> look at starboard cannon
I can't see that.

junichiro
can't reproduce this bug now. Maybe it's a bug in the Quest web player, it was lagging and behaving sort of strangely.