When commenting on games ....

For announcing and discussing games, getting feedback, asking for hints

Moderators: Pertex, Cryophile, Alex, sgreig

When commenting on games ....

Postby Michael The Gamer » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:38 am

When commenting on games in textadventures.co.uk
and you might see a noobie one like Escape! series by dther99 or Dim series by Tai you dont just go to that game and comment like this

You Might wrote:Wow this the worst game I've seen in my whole life
This is pure s***
Make a proper game you b******
Rating 1 star


The author might start to be angry and start to make a different game using the same skills has the other worst game

A Better Comment Might be this

You Might wrote:Hi <author's name>
This game is not perfect and you should do .....................
and you should Improve this ...................

Rating 2 stars

(.... = Your sentences)

The author might know what went wrong and can improve

You can see the difference

The games like ryan`s own msn this comment you might or should do

You Might wrote:This game is not a good game
It had no ..............
...............
..............
..............
.............
please try to make a proper game

Rating 1 star


I hope you learn from this topic
Michael The Gamer
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:04 am

Re: When commenting on games ....

Postby davidw » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:26 pm

Coming from the worst troll on the forum, that's actually quite comical. Are you planning to stick anyone who disagrees with your comments on your "Hate List"?
davidw
 
Posts: 1109
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2003 12:53 pm

Re: When commenting on games ....

Postby paul_one » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:00 pm

Eh, you're half right.

Of course commenter's should put in reasons why it was rubbish.

Upping the rating won't help things, nor will saying "it's not all that good" instead of "it's c***".
User avatar
paul_one
 
Posts: 1914
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:54 pm
Location: Portsmouth, England

Re: When commenting on games ....

Postby Michael The Gamer » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:08 am

davidw wrote:Coming from the worst troll on the forum, that's actually quite comical. Are you planning to stick anyone who disagrees with your comments on your "Hate List"?


Nope :D :D :D
Michael The Gamer
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:04 am

Re: When commenting on games ....

Postby Michael The Gamer » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:14 am

paul_one wrote:Eh, you're half right.

Of course commenter's should put in reasons why it was rubbish.

Upping the rating won't help things, nor will saying "it's not all that good" instead of "it's c***".


I think I stated that
You Might wrote:Hi <author's name>
This game is not perfect and you should do <Write here>
and you should Improve this ...................

Rating 2 stars


Like
Hi <author's name>
This game is not perfect and you should add more detail, more description
and you should Improve the rooms

Rating 2 stars


I think garbage and not perfect is a bit the same but I recommend not perfect so you dont want to upset the author

and the one:
Upping the rating won't help things, nor will saying "it's not all that good" instead of "it's c***".


Was just the example of a bad review
Michael The Gamer
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:04 am

Re: When commenting on games ....

Postby paul_one » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:15 pm

If you don't upset the author, they won't know anything is /really/ wrong.

That's what's wrong with everything nowadays - people do what they feel like and don't expect consequences etc.
People think they are brilliant because they aren't told how sh*t they are.
Managers make big mistakes which are fixed by the guys underneath him and what happens? The guys upstairs make MORE mistakes.
Idiots go on A+/MSCE courses and think they can handle a company's data centre, or they do a quick Java course and think they can program quality applications because they've created 'hello world' apps.

I know how hostile places can be with new guys with screwy idea's - just around summer I got flak because I insulted the yum utility in a Fedora forum (I insulted the package dependency part - which does fall over because of the guys creating the packages etc).
I've gotten my share of bad insults over the years, from many different forums and newsgroups, but if you don't read what they type - and understand what they're saying - then you don't learn and you will be forever dumb and blinded by vanity.

My phone (LG shine) has several problems, I'd tell them that it has really good points, but the firmware has some really bad points.
If I had a phone, by a big company, which was something like those toy kiddie sweet-phone's, then I would tell them how sh*t it was, not that "it's not so great" or "it need improving in the whole phone area'.

.. You get my point?
User avatar
paul_one
 
Posts: 1914
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:54 pm
Location: Portsmouth, England

Re: When commenting on games ....

Postby Michael The Gamer » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:47 am

paul_one wrote:If you don't upset the author, they won't know anything is /really/ wrong.

That's what's wrong with everything nowadays - people do what they feel like and don't expect consequences etc.
People think they are brilliant because they aren't told how sh*t they are.
Managers make big mistakes which are fixed by the guys underneath him and what happens? The guys upstairs make MORE mistakes.
Idiots go on A+/MSCE courses and think they can handle a company's data centre, or they do a quick Java course and think they can program quality applications because they've created 'hello world' apps.

I know how hostile places can be with new guys with screwy idea's - just around summer I got flak because I insulted the yum utility in a Fedora forum (I insulted the package dependency part - which does fall over because of the guys creating the packages etc).
I've gotten my share of bad insults over the years, from many different forums and newsgroups, but if you don't read what they type - and understand what they're saying - then you don't learn and you will be forever dumb and blinded by vanity.

My phone (LG shine) has several problems, I'd tell them that it has really good points, but the firmware has some really bad points.
If I had a phone, by a big company, which was something like those toy kiddie sweet-phone's, then I would tell them how sh*t it was, not that "it's not so great" or "it need improving in the whole phone area'.

.. You get my point?


I have to say Yes to that..
Michael The Gamer
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:04 am

Re: When commenting on games ....

Postby Michael The Gamer » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:56 am

Michael The Gamer wrote:
paul_one wrote:If you don't upset the author, they won't know anything is /really/ wrong.

That's what's wrong with everything nowadays - people do what they feel like and don't expect consequences etc.
People think they are brilliant because they aren't told how sh*t they are.
Managers make big mistakes which are fixed by the guys underneath him and what happens? The guys upstairs make MORE mistakes.
Idiots go on A+/MSCE courses and think they can handle a company's data centre, or they do a quick Java course and think they can program quality applications because they've created 'hello world' apps.

I know how hostile places can be with new guys with screwy idea's - just around summer I got flak because I insulted the yum utility in a Fedora forum (I insulted the package dependency part - which does fall over because of the guys creating the packages etc).
I've gotten my share of bad insults over the years, from many different forums and newsgroups, but if you don't read what they type - and understand what they're saying - then you don't learn and you will be forever dumb and blinded by vanity.

My phone (LG shine) has several problems, I'd tell them that it has really good points, but the firmware has some really bad points.
If I had a phone, by a big company, which was something like those toy kiddie sweet-phone's, then I would tell them how sh*t it was, not that "it's not so great" or "it need improving in the whole phone area'.

.. You get my point?


I have to say Yes to that..


But wait how about free stuff?

Like you can play free textadventures at textadventures.co.uk
You should not complan to them because its free, It doesnt cost you money
If it did charge you money, its s*** and like your post, you should complain
Michael The Gamer
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:04 am

Re: When commenting on games ....

Postby davidw » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:18 am

Whether it's free or not is irrelevant. If something is crap, it's crap full stop. What does its price have to do with anything?
davidw
 
Posts: 1109
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2003 12:53 pm

Re: When commenting on games ....

Postby Michael The Gamer » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:22 am

davidw wrote:Whether it's free or not is irrelevant. If something is crap, it's crap full stop. What does its price have to do with anything?


So if something is crap and you buy for $56432 or something like that, isnt that stupid :?:
Michael The Gamer
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:04 am

Re: When commenting on games ....

Postby davidw » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:19 pm

Of course it's stupid. But just because something is free is no excuse for it being bad. Only an idiot brings out a game he knows is bad, free or not.
davidw
 
Posts: 1109
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2003 12:53 pm

Re: When commenting on games (and Things)....

Postby Michael The Gamer » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:58 am

davidw wrote:Of course it's stupid. But just because something is free is no excuse for it being bad. Only an idiot brings out a game he knows is bad, free or not.


When you sell something when its crap, nobody is gonna buy it
But when Its free some people might take one.

Like I saw a guy got a wallet for free but one of the section in the wallet had a hole in it

But who cares?

It didnt cost money
even if its still crap

Sometimes I go to a bargain store (nothing over $2) and see a lot of crap.

and a lot of people go there

Low qualty (or crappy things) for a small price and you could make something different out of it
Michael The Gamer
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:04 am

Re: When commenting on games ....

Postby davidw » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:58 am

Do you have a point you're trying to get across here or are you just (as usual) talking drivel? If a text adventure, which is what we're supposed to be discussing here, is bad then it doesn't matter if it's free or you just blew your whole life savings on it. It's still bad. It was still a waste of time writing it. It was still a waste of my time downloading and playing it.
davidw
 
Posts: 1109
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2003 12:53 pm

Re: When commenting on games ....

Postby paul_one » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:19 pm

Who would have a wallet with a hole in it?
You can buy one for less than $10 (£5) and it'll last you years (mine's coming on for 5 years I think).

If you have something rubbish and something alot better - for free - you'd obviously take the one that's better and leave the rubbish one alone.
But who cares?
Well I certainly do.

When you get cheap games in the videogame store (which are rubbish) how far / how many times do you play them?
(my answer is about 30 minutes and never again).
If you're handed a crappy shirt for free, you wouldn't put it on simply because it was for free.

There's several more examples I could give, but simply because it's free (or cheap) doesn't mean you have to except it's rubbish.

You go to the cheap store KNOWING that what you buy is below par - or acceptable for 'the job'.
If you're given a black box, and you find it's got used pants inside, I think objecting to the guy who put the box together and put the used pants inside.
User avatar
paul_one
 
Posts: 1914
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:54 pm
Location: Portsmouth, England

Re: When commenting on games ....

Postby METALGod32 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:58 am

paul_one wrote:If you don't upset the author, they won't know anything is /really/ wrong.

That's what's wrong with everything nowadays - people do what they feel like and don't expect consequences etc.
People think they are brilliant because they aren't told how sh*t they are.
Managers make big mistakes which are fixed by the guys underneath him and what happens? The guys upstairs make MORE mistakes.
Idiots go on A+/MSCE courses and think they can handle a company's data centre, or they do a quick Java course and think they can program quality applications because they've created 'hello world' apps.

I know how hostile places can be with new guys with screwy idea's - just around summer I got flak because I insulted the yum utility in a Fedora forum (I insulted the package dependency part - which does fall over because of the guys creating the packages etc).
I've gotten my share of bad insults over the years, from many different forums and newsgroups, but if you don't read what they type - and understand what they're saying - then you don't learn and you will be forever dumb and blinded by vanity.

My phone (LG shine) has several problems, I'd tell them that it has really good points, but the firmware has some really bad points.
If I had a phone, by a big company, which was something like those toy kiddie sweet-phone's, then I would tell them how sh*t it was, not that "it's not so great" or "it need improving in the whole phone area'.

.. You get my point?


Man, I hate to get Involved in this convo, but I'm gonna put
my two cents in just because I'm bored and a few things need to be said.

It's called respect, It's a human thing, just because you can
call something crap or shi**y doesn't mean you should.

I Love the online feature of the quest website, ya know where you
can upload quest games?, It could be deemed as Crap since it doesn't
work like it should yet, My game is unplayable on it, but do I disrespect
Alex and his software?, no because I For one have respect.

I Agree that Authors shouldn't just upload any game they make
that's only a minute long with bad spelling, but nobody is perfect, if
the service is there on the internet, people WILL use it, no amount
of insults or disrespect could ever change that.

Let me guess, you were one of those guys under a manager?
Just stop bitching, make games then, argue your point
in that way, at least something will come out of it.
METALGod32
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:38 am
Location: SEATTLE, USA

Next

Return to Game Announcements and Feedback

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest