The Mansion 2

nicked
Well, I've gone and made a sequel to The Mansion. I've uploaded it, just waiting for it to be added to the archive. Hope you all like it! :D

Alex
http://www.axeuk.com/quest/games/mansion2.zip

"The sequel to The Mansion sees you kidnapped by the mysterious corporation responsible for your uncle's death and held in a dingy prison cell. Can you escape the prison? Can you bring the corporation to justice? Can you avenge your uncle? Find out in this sequel of epic proportions!"

Please post any reviews, comments, requests for help etc. to this thread.

steve the gaming guy
Mansion II

Wow. A very interesting and sometimes complex game. I thoroughly enjoy the details like the maps and the potions. Putting the computer together was awesome. I’m going to brag that I put it together without cheating. Basic computer hardware knowledge is actually helpful there.
The torture items were a bit eerie but an interesting puzzle.
I haven’t had time to play through the entire game but the first part of the game is almost flawless and very playable. You make mention at the beginning of the game or the faq (I forget where now) that you designed it to be more playable by clicking on the items, etc. You did a good job with that.
To be honest, I found one error so far. It was quite minor but I did notice it. In the cell at the beginning, if you take the cot, find the grille, solve the puzzle on opening the grille…..you leave the room and if you return, the cot can be moved again to reveal the grille again as if you had never seen it before.
That is the only error I can recall.
It wasn't exactly like playing the first Mansion game and playing the first Mansion game is not required to enjoy this one.
I score this puppy a:
5 out of 5

EDIT:
I completed the game. It is pretty good and it is compelling. I found a couple more errors but it was less than a handful. Since the intro to the game indicates that this was designed to utilize the inventory block, in other words, more mouse-friendly, I did not hold it against the author that certain details were not addressed in the rooms. For example, a room would describe that ivy is growing and there is a broken chair in the room. The available objects to interact with are the ivy and a broken chair leg. If you decide to type in commands and say “look at chair”, there is no chair.
In regular text games that would count against the score in my opinion. I may play this again and see if I can go through it without typing anything at all. I have a feeling that I can.

Cj592
I thoroughly enjoyed this game.. The use of the chemicals was an excellent idea. I did complete the game though without readin the secret paper or opening the safe in the office. Were these extra?
Well done 5/5

drice44481
I think this is a great game! However, lol, I am stuck and in need of help. I cant figure out how to activate a security card with clearance for area A. I cant use the freight elevator. I have tried everything I can think of. Can someone please help me. Thank you.

Patch49
Really enjoyed playing this - puzzles were just at the right level. But found it really annoying that the text used "it's" where it should have used "its" (you don't write hi's or her's do you?) Also, once you are carrying a lot of stuff, you keep having to scroll down the inventory to find the flask and chemicals.

roba4ever
WOW.
I loved this game.
I really like the descriptions and the puzzles to it.
me i usually get bored of a game after 2 minutes lol.
But i got stuck to this game and well....ILOVED IT

i would rate this game as 5 out of 5 :D

princedelabun
I escaped the island on the boat, but I didn't manage to expose the corporation. I'm sure it has something to do with getting evidence from the console, the scrap of paper and the safe. It's possible that the combination of the safe is written on the scrap of paper but I have not been able to figure out how to get the scrap of paper to 'reveal itself'. Can anyone help?

(I tried chucking it into the fireplace at the old house, but nope)

Patch49
As far as I remember (though it's a while now since I palyed it) you have to mix up the chemicals and find the one that, when poured over the paper, reveals the writing.

princedelabun
oh thanks very much! it works! :)

username here
I'm stuck in the uncles old house. I dropped the flying duck in a cool room(apparently the wrong place) and now it won't let me pick it back up. Seems to be an error in the game because when I click "take flying duck" it says that I took it, but it's not in my inventory. Can't figure out what to do next =(

blinarelli
Without giving my the full answer can someone give me a hint on what do to with the duck? I've put it down in the rooms and whatnot but nothing works.
So far 5 out of 5 on this one!

princedelabun
blinarelli wrote:Without giving my the full answer can someone give me a hint on what do to with the duck? I've put it down in the rooms and whatnot but nothing works.
So far 5 out of 5 on this one!

It's been a while since I played, but if I recall correctly, you're on the right track putting the duck down in a room (you gotta get the right one). If you have put the duck down in the right room you need to return to a particular room (I think) for the game to move on. That is presuming you have done all the other things correctly.

blinarelli
I still can't figure out what to do with the duck. I'm usually pretty good at these things, but I've been on this for about a week. Help please!

princedelabun
blinarelli wrote:I still can't figure out what to do with the duck. I'm usually pretty good at these things, but I've been on this for about a week. Help please!

i think you need to put it down in the cellar/basement. i think i need to play this game again!

goosifer
This game has been awesome so far... but I'm totally stuck in the house the second time around. I've already seen uncle, but the front door is locked!
:?:
I've gotten both fires going, but the dead bird and bed roll are causing some problems.
PLEASE HELP

P.S. I hope I didn't give too much away

Thanks in advance for your help!

crispix
I'm stuck in the exact same spot--house post-uncle, lit two fires, not sure what else to do but trapped in the house. Any help?

crispix
Never mind, i got it. Great game!!

ejams
Durf... stuck in the house too. Spoke to uncle, got water to the plant, got fire in the fireplace... bedroll, bird, and flamin bottle are getting me.

elle
Hi, I'm stuck on the second map. I think I've solved everything apart from the dog and the electrolysis machine. Can anybody help?
Thanks in advance!

tatters
I'm also stuck in the (second) house. I have 1 fire burning in a room, and another fire burning in a bottle. How do I escape, and what do I do with the duck?

tatters
elle wrote:Hi, I'm stuck on the second map. I think I've solved everything apart from the dog and the electrolysis machine. Can anybody help?
Thanks in advance!

For the dog, I suggest you experiment with the chemicals and the plasma reactor. Once you do that, you can use the electrolysis machine.

Freak
There are two ways to deal with the dog.

tatters
Wow, it never even *occurred* to me to do THAT to the dog.

Thanatos
Hasn't this topic been dead for the past... Many years? If you have any questions then why don't you ask on the site. I see that more questions get answered that way.

steve the gaming guy
On the contrary, I see that he replied in the exact place he should have. He had a question about Mansion 2 which is a game. This thread is located under Quest Forums<Quest Games<The Mansion 2... makes sense to me.
I'm not sure why you are commenting.

If you have any questions then why don't you ask on the site. I see that more questions get answered that way.

What site are you talking about? This would be the site.

mulan
ahh, I'm stuck at "Area B control room" please help

thank you :D :D :D :D

Freak
The computer's been corrupted. You'll need to restore from backup first.

mulan
Freak wrote:The computer's been corrupted. You'll need to restore from backup first.

ahh, I have disk (backup disk) but I cant do anything on the computer

Elexxorine
steve the gaming guy wrote:What site are you talking about? This would be the site.
Textadventures.co.uk maybe?

Thanatos
Now that I think about it (and the fact Elex brought it up after it died a few months ago) it seems that both axeuk and textadventures seem to answer about the same amount of questions. But whetever. heh.

mulan
ahh, do you have walkthrough of this game ?????? I'm really confuse

Thanatos
Im pretty sure there is, but where it is I don't know. Perhaps in the Readme file?

mulan
ahh ok, thank you :D :D :D :D

ukblondeshavemorefun
Hi! This game is awesome. Unfortunately I am rather stuck - put the flying duck down in the kitchen and I can't seem to pick it up again. Although the game tells me I have picked it up, it does not appear in my inventory but seems to stay in the kitchen! Is there anything I can do? I really don't want have to start all over again!!! Thanks!

Thanatos
This has nothing to do with the topic, but I thought your names said "ukblondesshaveforfun" :lol:

Gwendolyn863
Edit: Never mind my first ?. I figured it out. However, I've got another one! :P I'm stuck in the house. I've put the fossil on the mantle of the fireplace, the plant under running water in the sink, the duck in the basement, but when I try to light the candle in the dark bathroom, no luck. In fact, I've tried lighting it in every room, and no soap. I understand I have to light it somewhere dark, but where, if not the bathroom?

It's a great game. :) There are some features that are a little annoying, but no big deal. Fr'instance, it would be nice if you could type "take all" instead of typing "take a", "take b", etc. when there are more than one or two things to take. It could just not let you take what's bolted to the ground, etc.. Also, it would be nice if you could type "l map" instead of having to type "l Security Map 001". It could just ask you which map to l at (1. 001, 2. 002, etc.). When you mix the chemicals, if you type "use red with flask", instead of using the red chemical, you get a list of the chemicals, and are asked which one you want to use. Again, minor matters. What a fun game! Thanks for making it. :)

Luke P
Well call me a fool but I can't repair the computer.
I have tried the most logical thing I can think of - reading the manual - but the parser won't allow that. I try using the motherboard, RAM and manual in every combination, but to no avail. I am frustrated.

suebeckett
no problem with mansion 2 but stuch on shotgun shell machine on mansion 1

indie_ninja
Ooooh my God, I feel like such a tool - I was all pissed off that I'd done the house the second time round and thought I'd got it right and still couldn't leave. In actual fact, I just hadn't tried to leave yet xD Faaaiiil....

Jimmy Janiform
I feel really stupid. I've been stuck on the robot for MONTHS. Seriously, how do I kill that thing?

Jenders
@ Jimmy.

A tips is to mix up some glue ;)

Carrot
HELP

I am stuck on getting out of area A.

I have managed to work out BOTH ways of getting past the dog, and have successfully charge the battery and operated the crane. However, I cannot work out how to actually exit the area.

What is also bothering me is that the "Entrance Hall" room description does not list any exits, before or after operating the crane.

I did leave a comment against the game about a week ago, but have had no reply so came here.

Carrot
Never mind - I eventually sussed it.

tmurfs
Pretty sure this forum has been inactive for a year, but I am where Carrot was. Can't get out of Area A. Searched both floors and am really stuck. All I have that's new is this key from the locker. A quick reply would be great.