Hello I am Jan

Soloman
To my surprise I found this textadventure-forum! I write and play adventures as a hobby. Again, it was a little bit quiet when my Commodore 64 died. Now I work with emulators of computers from the eighties. Mainly I program adventures in BASIC.
I am very interested in Quest and what I will read here. First I will take a little time to look around here.

Furthermore: I'm Dutch and working for the government in the Netherlands. The adventures I write are in the English-language, because I'm used to it. Dutch-languaged adventures, hmmm, I little childish, I think.

XanMag
If you plan on using the Gui editor, make sure you download the desktop version. Online has a few buggies that you'll want to avoid. Also, feel free to use the Quest Tutorial and Templates "game" that I just published. My biggest worry is how user friendly it is. I'm concerned how it will be received. I'd appreciate it if you could give your opinion of it. It is largely an editor tutorial, not a code tutorial, so I'm not sure how much use it might be to you (it sounds like you know code). Also, I ain't too proud to beg, or throw out a shameless plug for my games. I think they are pretty good but seem to have flown under the radar like many other decent games out there. If you play text adventure games as a hobby, I'd appreciate it if you gave mine a try!

Oh, and while making games with Quest, if you run into any problems you are having trouble solving, be sure to ask on the forums - it's a relatively small community but it is a very helpful one!

Anyway, glad you've found Quest. I hope you enjoy it!

XanMag

Soloman
Hallo XanMag,

I already downloaded Quest and I will use it in the desktop-mode. I did found the documentation too. In the evening hours I will be busy with the Tutorial-adventure. I read in your topics that you are busy with it too! : )

XanMag
I PM'ed you.