To continue or not continue ?

Davidmarks
I have recently invested a lot of time creating an adventure based on the village in which I live featuring many photographs,historical info, questions , puzzles etc. I am concerned from what I read on this forum that the program is changing and will rely on Javascript in order to be cross platform. Most of what is written here on this subject is beyond my comprehension. I have managed to master a certain amount of script with help from this forum but am reluctant to proceed further if developments leave me unable to coipe. I have already asked elsewhere on the forum if there is any way of running quest games on the ipad but have had no reply. Help and or comments would be greatly appreciated before I continue.

The Pixie
If you read this thread, it looks like you will be okay until Quest 8!
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5852

Even if that is not the case, I think you would still be able to use Quest 5. If you are editing off-line, no one can stop you creating the game, and as far as I know, Quest 4 games can still be uploaded and played on the web site, and Quest 4 was abandoned several years ago.

Pykrete
Out of curiosity, am I reading it right that Quest 6 will create games that can be played straight on a browser, without the need to host them on the site? In addition, is there a place I can keep up to date with developer progress?