Trying to find 90's text based game

TehLisa
Hi! :D

I am not really sure if this is the best place to put this. But it seemed as though a bunch of text adventure fans would be the people to ask this. I remember playing a text based game set in 90's (maybe 80's) Hollywood.

You played as a private eye hired by a studio to investigate the death of an actress. It had real photos on top that were edited (I think they used Photoshop oil painting on them). And the text on the bottom half.

You explored Hollywood trying to discover what happened to the actress. You investigate her apartment, manager (and managers office once you set off fire alarm scaring him off), boyfriend, studio, etc. You stayed in a hotel and I think it MAY have even had some music to it. I think it was black and white (maybe). I thought it was called Bullshit or BS but I can't seem to find it....

Obviously it has been 20 something years and it's possible that it has just faded away. But it's driving me crazy that I can't seem to find any hint of it online. I think it may have been freeware but not sure. It may have became freeware by the time I found it. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

I was hoping to play around with it again for memories but at this point I'm just hoping to find someone who remembers that it existed. Thanks to anyone who tries to help. And sorry if this isn't the right place to ask.

XanMag
A quick search turned this up?? Is this it?

http://www.old-games.com/download/7712/ ... urders-the

TehLisa
It does match my description quite a bit. And I appreciate the effort but no that is not the game. Thank you for trying though!

davidw
Might it be Guilty Bastards?

http://ifdb.tads.org/viewgame?id=g02gj35cieg77y62

TehLisa
davidw wrote:Might it be Guilty Bastards?

http://ifdb.tads.org/viewgame?id=g02gj35cieg77y62

Holy cow!!!!! You are my hero dude! Guilty Bastards is exactly the game I was thinking of.. Not sure why I was thinking Bullshit.. I guess Bastards is a similar word (eh?) Thank you so much!! That has been driving me up the wall. You win this invisible award of awesome.

davidw
Ooh, I've never won an awesome award before, long alone an invisible one.

Hope you like the game. I played it myself years ago and it's pretty good.

HegemonKhan
bastard = the child of when the father isn't known or the child born from a non-royal parent

(no one cares if the mother is unknown, there's no "she-devil" getting impregnating from their male partner and~or succubi don't become pregnant lol and~or the children are just "demon spawns" and thus no need to also categorize them as "bastards" as they're not human, as men are always trying to impregnate as many females as possible, ensuring species survival through quantity of babies, whereas females, we males always want to believe in the myth that females don't cheat ~ and females too want to believe that their men aren't cheating on them as well, or nor to the extent that males do, too, lol, ensure species survival through quality of babies, and also males do choose their females on quality as well, as females choose their males on quality)

unknown man+woman = bastard child
// in olden times, if the father is unknown, it must mean that there was no father, and thus that means that the father must thus be the devil, so the child is not only a bastard, but a demon spawn, lol. In other cultures, such a the polymorphic mythologies (such as Greek), then when the child is born of~from one of the gods, the child is a demi-god (half mortal, half god), such as herculus or perseus (greek mythos), lol.

king+queen -> royal child

king+peasant woman -> bastard child
queen+peasant man -> bastard child