Farewell

OurJud
I'm typing this from my phone because my hard drive packed up when I tried booting my PC today. Currently trying to get an old PC up and running, but it's so out of date I doubt i can get it usable, especially considering there's no support for XP now.

I've also lost my game, even if I did get it serviceable, as the only backups are on the dead hard drive.

So anyway, just wanted to say bye and thanks very much for all the help you've all provided.

jdpjdpjdp
That sucks, man. I hope you're able to somehow retrieve it, but even if you don't I hope you'll come back and give it another go, even if you need to step back and take a little reflective time first. Best of luck either way.

OurJud
Thanks, jdp. I'm trying to get the latest Firefox installed, but the browser versions I have are so old, none of the sites seems to be working properly and I'm having great difficulty getting it to download. I have service pack 3 which was the latest one when XP support ended, but it's not looking good. I'm getting untrusted site alerts on every page I try to view.

OurJud
Well, I'm now posting this from a PC (who'd have known that having the PC's clock and date set to 2006 could create so many issues???)

Websites were loading in html, and I was constantly getting trusted sites blocked with no option to bypass the block... and it was all because the clock was set to 2006.

Anyway, things not looking quite so bad now. I still reckon I've lost my game, but at least I can keep posting here (for now) :)