Go USA!

XanMag
Go USA!!

R2T1
Go where & is it far?

HegemonKhan
I think XanMag means women's US soccer (vs japan for revenge of loss to them in 2011) in the 2015 world cup (UK just lost to japan):

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/07/01/footb ... semifinal/

XanMag
Heart breaker for sure. I was rooting for England. I feel sorry for Bassett. Had to make a play on the ball. Bad luck.

Go USA!

R2T1
OK. Fair enough. We don't get much coverage of it in Australia although, I think I heard that Australia lost to Japan at some point and so were out of it. Probably just a one-liner in a news bulletin.

XanMag
Ah. That's a shame. I liked watching them. They are ranked 10th in the world and have a couple good forwards and a very good goalkeeper. I'm not sure if women's soccer here is more widely recognized or if I'm just into it. I coach a good girls high school team here so it's kind of a must I pay attention to it and promote it! =)

The Pixie
Women's football has only recently started to be televised in the UK. It is getting bigger here, but I think it is much bigger in the US and Canada.

HegemonKhan
US males team sucks, wheras our womens have won the world cup (I think in the 90s with Mia Hamm and etc women, that era of dominance is like the "Pele" era was for US male~patriotism soccer, and continues to grow in patriotism for womens soccer to this day. Our US womens team wins wold cups, so our women's soccer has become a huge source of patriotism for the US) and just now again 2015, so women's soccer is more popular here than our mens. People like winners~winning, not losers~losing, lol.

Soccer is growing in popularity (as the marketing~interactiveness with tv packages, including of the european leagues, and etc online stuff, is growing), but is still dwarfed by (american) football and basketball, especially as our demographics~population become more and more hispanic, soccer is thus growing as a sport. White's are becoming bigger fans of soccer too, but (american) football and basketball still dominate.

The amusing thing is that baseball is dying, it's just too boring for us now, America's "past-time" isn't likely going to be around in the future in the US, at some point.