Politics and topical debates

HegemonKhan
some people have better 'hand~typing-eye~brain' coordination than 'mouth~speaking-eye~brain' coordination... hehe :D

not everyone is a politician, yet that is what we're flooded with seeing... and sadly communication skills is tied to intelligence, even though communication has asolutely nothing to do with intelligence, but well, communication is how we well... communicate... sighs. Our world is becoming more and more diplomatic, so those who're not politicians find themselves going extinct, especially those who communicate much better with their actions (physical: fists, fighting, deeds), than their mouths. The Age of Man is dying, the Age of 'Wo-Man' (girly man, womanized man) has already begun. It's the Age of the Politician, the Psychopath, and the Sociopath, talkers~liers rule this world now, and are genociding the fighters, the do'ers, extinct.

Lips lie, deeds never do.

Silver
Politicians are just magicians on the doorsteps of those whose interest they need to attain power, whilst cloaking the interests they represent.

HegemonKhan
I had a totally awesome teacher (UBER smart), he was the ambassador to Morroco, and survived many assassination attempts (car bombs, sniper'ing, and etc) upon his life, and he defined politics as this:

"politics is the science (and art) of getting many people to do what you want"

I can't even get one person to do what I want (sighs) ... I hate and desire (to be a) politician (having power in this world), sighs. It sucks not being a talker in this world.

Silver
Modern political parties are slick and sophisticated. It's how they get away with robbing you blind for your own benefit.

HegemonKhan
literally: Mafia, is the political machine; a criminal organization ;)
(and in the U.S., they got the Media+Press+Hollywood on their side too, sighs)
(the Obama administration is literally the government in 'V for Vendetta' movie, sighs. I won't be surpise if there's a horrific 'mass poisoning' event that happens during his reign)
(though Hollywood got the movie wrong, it ain't a religious republican government, it's a liberal democratic secular government)

Silver
Yep, liberal democracy, same as UK.

Silver
Although that definition of democracy stretches the term a bit.

Silver
Not sure if the UK could be deemd as entirely secular though, head of state is the same person as head of church... although don't see it as a theocracy either.

n00b
HegemonKhan wrote:some people have better 'hand~typing-eye~brain' coordination than 'mouth~speaking-eye~brain' coordination... hehe :D

not everyone is a politician, yet that is what we're flooded with seeing... and sadly communication skills is tied to intelligence, even though communication has asolutely nothing to do with intelligence, but well, communication is how we well... communicate... sighs. Our world is becoming more and more diplomatic, so those who're not politicians find themselves going extinct, especially those who communicate much better with their actions (physical: fists, fighting, deeds), than their mouths. The Age of Man is dying, the Age of 'Wo-Man' (girly man, womanized man) has already begun. It's the Age of the Politician, the Psychopath, and the Sociopath, talkers~liers rule this world now, and are genociding the fighters, the do'ers, extinct.

Lips lie, deeds never do.

I like how me introducing myself caused a political debate/discussion. :shock:

n00b
Also shortly after posting that I take non-specific songs and turn them into stories, I sat down with...let's call them "EveningHope" on repeat for an hour listening to what seems to be their most popular song in the west and turned it into a story...well an outline, really. I'm debating on whether or not I should make it into something on here. Quest is a fun medium to use in getting my writing and creativity out and into the world.

HegemonKhan
sorry, I was bored and needing to socialize (I'm doing this more and more, as I come home from work exhausted, needing to get my social fix in ~ I don't get to at work, as I'm a workaholic, when I'm at work, I'm working non-stop, and I got no one to socialize with when I get home, no wife, no girlfriend, no family, no kids), so, I'm sorry for taking this thread off subject, my apologies.

----

anyways, now that you know a little about me already from my off-topic posts, laughs, let me properly introduce myself ;)

I've been wanting to learn to code and learn game making, and found quest, I've been here for about 3 years now, slowly trying to learn to code and to make games, but it's a slow process as work takes up most of my time (I come home too exhuasted to do further work: learning to code more or work on making a game), sighs.

I'm very opinionated (though, I try not to be, wasted too much of my younger years debating online... then realizing that debating with idiots is really a big waste of time, seriously), I'm actually quite smart and am a huge nerd, loving ALL science fields, I watch tons of educational shows, news, and am interested in politics and world events (been so, ever since I turned 19, I just all of a sudden became interested in news~world events~politics, lol, when priorly, I wasn't really that interested at all). I was really good at math and science up through high school, but then I realized I really weren't interested in those as carreers (I hated doing boring 6 hr science labs, that with my clumsiness, could never do right, laughs), and math was getting too hard for me (applications of calculus, and~or I was just getting too lazy, and sick of school work, and with math... you need to do that homework... to really get it in your head for when the test comes). Took more of an interest in human behavior sciences, and I never really knew what I wanted to do for a carreer, so I really wasted a huge chunk of my life taking classes for no benefit for me for a carreer~job~future. I went into history as a major, as I had to choose some major, as I still had no idea what I wanted to do, but I learned that 'liking history, liking to read about history', is NOT the same thing as being the one to have to actually research, read, and write papers upon paper upon papers, with an abysmal prospect: be a teacher, a museum curator, or an archeologist (if you like to dig and adventure~travel), oh, or being a lawyer (but really history is just taken by lawyers to be better lawyers, not by historians, who then decide to go into law, lol). YUCK, I was hugely turned off by history as a career, hated it, and it was a total DEAD END, anyways. I did learn though to write really well though, laughs. I JUST HATE research, especially research papers, though... I love to just be able to free-write, to give my own thoughts about something, as that's really better than pretending to write an 'objective research paper', when you're really just pushing a biased political agenda upon the populace. The secret truth: people write and find 'facts', that they want to find and write about.

So... I needed to find a real carreer... and I've been frustrated with not knowing anything about computers and paying huge amounts of money to get my computer cleaned of viruses, so I'm like why not go into computers, it's a wonderful carreer, having lots of real use and can live off of too. That's all true, but there's A LOT to learn, sighs, lots of competition, and I'm at the bottom, those good jobs are still way out of my reach, but it is a carreer... hopefully, I can learn enough to get a good~decent (livable) job, at some point before its too late, sighs. I wish I was a kid again, being born as a coding~computer genius, working at google at 12 years old, making millions... but alas, that sadly wasn't me, back when I was a kid... I'm old now, so I'm trying my best to catch up to everyone else.. but there's so much to learn with computers... sighs, and in being old... I'm not learning as quickly as I could when younger, even though I am generally a quick learner, I'm noticing the age factor in learning, sighs.

anyways, I got some job now... not a livable wage (part time of course, as there is NO full time jobs in the US, thanks to Obama Care!), but a wage, and at least a foot in the door, my first job in computers... now I just need to try to find time to learn more, so I can advance and find a better job... while still working at the job I have now (as it took me 9 months to get this job... I'm uber fearful of quiting... and not being able to get another job, laughs. The US economy and job-market is abysmal in reality for us 'non-well-off' people, sighs. And fewer and fewer jobs are available too, between globalization of cheap labor in other countries losing jobs in this country, hard working smart foreigners coming here taking up the good jobs here, and illegal immigrants from mexico taking up the lower jobs here too, there's literally like NO~ZERO jobs left for US citizens in the US, sighs. All for $@%#^#$% politicians getting votes for their party and staying in their lush 'elysium' life as politicians~congressman~senators~executive administration~etc). Anyways... let's see... I love gaming (electronic and board), I did like playing sports (soccer~world football, baseball, american football~rugby with pads) when I was young, I love stories, so I love to read (well, when I was younger I read galore, but now I don't read at all), watching tv, movies, anime, manga, and etc. I love sci-fi and fantasy for genres, and I 99% of the time, HATE comedy, it's so beneath me, I'm a smart nerd, so I just can't stand comedy (99% of the time), really the only reason I watch comedy at all is merely for its fanservice scenes, laughs. What else... I'm a decent chess player, not at the professional~competitive level obviously (I can't play fast at all, lol), but I'm not bad at chess for an amatuer player.

oh... if you haven't realized by now... I like to write... write a lot... I'm the opposite of a twitter'er, I'm a verbose writer... blame that on my history classes, laughs. Concise is not in my vocabulary, laughs. (my teachers hated me, whatever paper assignment I was given, I'd always at least double the maximum page limit, 10 page assignment, I'd write at least 20 pages and I would have to make it single spaced despite it being required to be double spaced ~ hey if it was double-spaced it would be 40 pages long!, laughs... ya my teachers hated me, but they still gave me A's, lol)

I love animals (well only some, I could care less about cows, but dogs... wolfs... and etc cool animals, I love), am a huge animal nerd (remember I LOVE ALL science fields), though I don't find others to talk about animal stuff, lol. When I was little, I loved dinosaurs, loved when Jurassic Park (1) came out, was an epic movie back then, hehe.

A few books (of MANY) I've read, being mentioned briefly here: Ender series (Card), Foundation series (Asimov), Dune series (Herbert), Hobbit(+LotR) series (Tolkien), Wheel of Time series (but not finished, as I stopped reading) (Jordan), Michael Chrichton's (I can never spell his last name, lol) books, Narnia series (Lewis), other Asimov books, the adventure books (Price), Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, Crime and Punishment (Dov... laughs, not even gonna try to spell it from memory), Call of the Wild (London), Never Cry Wolf (Mowatt), Outsiders (can't remember), Downriver (Hobbs, I think), Where the Red Fen Grows (forgot...being old and lazy sucks), the AVI books, Bhavidi Gida (I tried... to spell it, lol), Beowulf, Arthurian Legend series (Crystal Cave, Hollow Hills, ???~forgot its name, Wicked Day) (Mary Stewart, I think), and etc etc etc books.

I really love advanced~theoretical physics stuff (black holes and etc), (so if anyone else likes, feel free to chat with me, hehe), and other advanced science field topics too.

and I'm getting tired now, and can't think of anything else to say about myself at the moment (its late too... I need to get to bed, lol)... so that's it for now.

Silver
You sound libertarian right, I'm libertarian left.

HegemonKhan
actually... I'm more Vlad the Impaler... laughs. (never let me be the leader of a superpower country, laughs. I'd make the worst of the worst despots look, no not look, BE, benevolent, HK laughs truly evilly ;) )

Hegemon: greek: warlord
Khan: asian+middle-east: 'khan, like king' : leader

leader: king, lord, queen, pharoah (actually this is what the europeans call egyptian leaders, thinking they're cool as 'pharoah' means 'Great House', but egyptians' title for their leader, is actually 'king' and 'queen', just like europeans' title for their leaders), emperor, empress, khan, etc etc etc... (I'm tired, too tired to think of all the different countries~cultures titles~words for 'leader', lol)

here and there, you'll hear 'hegemon' or more commonly, 'hegemony' (and usually in speaking about the US), by politicians, but otherwise, this word is never used by people, lol. No, it is not a 'pokemon', hegemon and hegemony (rule by warlords, or as a dictionary badly~poor describes 'rule by force' ) and hegemonic, are real words.

And... I first learned of 'hegemon' from Orson Scott Card's Ender series, hehe, which I just love! :D

And... I love the Mongols (and Vikings), the most powerful force(s) of humanity that the world has ever known!

Genghis Khan... 'Genghis' actually merely means 'Great', so Great Khan, so Great leader, it's a TITLE, not his actual name, sighs. His actual name is either 'Chingis' or 'Tetujan...whatever', lol.

HegemonKhan: Leader of the Warlords (muwahaha) :D

If I had to group~label myself politically... I would be republican~conservative, though I do have some libertarian views (the ones that don't clash with my Vlad the Impaler views, lol), I used to have some more liberal~democratic views on some things, but I've been immensely turned-off by them in the last 10 years, becoming far too radical~fanatical~insane~mad now... (I don't see any difference in the behavior of liberals~democrats in Europe and the US and with Islamics~Terrorists around the world), sighs. Also, I got older, realizing how US schools have been brainwashing liberalism into their gov student slaves for 100 years, understanding how I thus had such views when younger, I was stupid getting brainwashed by the liberal campaign that has over 100 years taking control of the US and Europe through multiple fronts: gov control schools and especially liberal hate-group universities and their liberal kkk professors, liberal media+press, liberal entertainment (especially hollywood), and etc fronts... no wonder 60% (if not more) of the US' and Europe's population is liberalized.

Silver
Libertarian just means smaller (or no) state which US rebublicanism pushes for to a certain extent. Not sure how they think it'd work with no state at all (isn't that Ron Paul and the Tea Party lot?); if you're going to maintain a class system and wealth disparity then you're gonna need a police force. Or private armies then perhaps? Sounds wonderful. :D

HegemonKhan
yes, I know what libertarians are, it's really sad how 'LIBER-als' have so stolen and tainted the word of LIBER-TY(FREEDOM)-arian... :(

let me show you that I understand what libertarian means:

the gov is the ultimate slavery plantation, a few enslaving the ENTIRE world's population. I could go on forever on this, but here's some brief points: We can't even move freely (Freedom of Assembly, the 1st Amendment of the Bill of Rights, of the Supreme Law of the Land, the Constitution of the United States of America) within our own country as well as the 4th Amendment (innocent until proven guilty: reasonable suspicion ~ ya everyone traveling is a reasonably suspicious criminal based upon... absolutely NOTHING, it's 100% UNLAWFUL, the government is commiting HEINOUS FELONIES everytime a person gets rape strip search scanned at an airport), needing to be raped strip searched and cancerously radiated, just so Chertov (Bush's security guy, homeland advisor, whatever the position was) can become a billionaire... owning or high stock owner whatever of the company that made the rape-perv-scanning-machines at airports. And the 2nd Amendment being 'managed'able' due to 'commerce'... then why isn't the 14th or 19th amendment 'managed'able' too, like the 2nd Amendment is. Since when does anyone NOT have the right to life (to defend themselves, their family, their children, their wives, their friends, and etc from getting murdered by both people not in the government and people in the government), when we DO HAVE THAT RIGHT, the entire purpose of the Constitution is the protection of 'LIFE, liberty~FREEDOM, and happiness~wealth~profit~success~winning' !!!! Ya, I got some libertarianism in me, winks. But, I draw the line with non-well behaviors (drugs, for example) being legalized. What is good~beneficial about drugs? Every DEAD celebrity (movie star, musician, singer, children of rich parents, and etc) is DEAD because of drugs, sighs. Drugs destroy lives, just as terrorism destroys lives, just as crime destroys lives, just as anarchy (yes, government has a use... but limited controlled few uses...) destroys lives... We clearly aren't winning the war on crime, why waste the trillions that we do on the criminal-justice-law enforcement-court system? let's not waste any more money on it, no cops, no courts, nothing, it's just a total waste of money that has grossly failed over at least 72,015 years, let's legalize crime!

and... as emotionally frightening as terrorism is... going for a drive is at least 365 times more emotionally frightening !!!

let's look at this, sanely:

9-11 terrorism: 3,000 dead in the US x (hopefully, only) 1 year

driving a car: 3,000 dead probably every minute in the US! x 60 x 24 x 365 x N years...

irrational fears...

a really good book:

How Risky Is It, Really? by David Ropeik ( http://www.amazon.com/How-Risky-Is-It-R ... 0071629696 )

learned of it from Stossel ("Your Instincts are wrong" episode), he's a good libertarian (and extremely educational~scientific shows), not Ron Paul or whoever, lol.

Silver
With regards to drugs I'm reminded of a story I read in a book called Flat Earth News. A few decades ago there was a small number of heroin addicts in the UK. It ran into tens, definitely less than a hundred. They were contained mainly in the Picaddily area of London and some sympathetic doctors would prescribe them diamorphine. Anyway, the press got wind of this little arrangement and it was a SCANDAL. Front page headlines followed in the tabloids and pressure was brought on politicians to act who in turn demanded the doctors stop this practice and they did. Morality wins the day.

But the heroin addicts remained heroin addicts. Only now they didn't have a supply so they set about setting up their own. They started small but quickly realised it worked out cheaper if bought in bulk. But in order to be able to finance bigger deals, you guessed it, they needed more heroin addicts. So that chain of events was set in motion until now, decades later, we now have 240,000+ heroin addicts. If society could only have gotten its head around addiction being a medical rather than criminal matter, and left those addicts being prescribed diamorphine by their doctors then we possibly wouldn't have the crisis that we now find ourselves in. But, the genie is out of the lamp and I see no sign of anyone changing their position on this despite the 'war on drugs' being close to useless.

HegemonKhan
no offense, but that's a 'mass-hole-gapingly' bad support for your view on drugs... such an event has trillions of factors involved, which you leave out, as they're inconvient for your pro-drug push~view~stance.

Seriously, such an event was allowed to occur, the heroine addicts were allowed~kept as heroine addicts, instead of being treated off of the addiction. Drugs is a criminal issue, drugs murder more people than guns do, and unlike guns (which can be used for good and lawfulness, to defend, to protect), there's nothing good that drugs are used for (except in extreme cases within a hospital, when you're on the death-bed, and it's the last chance to keep you alive) by ordinary people.

and let's get into the actual science of 'drugs':

90% of all drugs are from plants (some drugs may be from animal toxins but they are very few, and animal toxins are also used to protect and kill offensely for hunting, so they're no different than plants' chemicals). these chemicals is how plants defend themselves from being eaten by animals+insects. It defies logic, for humans to take drugs, except in such an extreme case as I already described. When a cow eats a drug plant, and drunkenly wonders over a cliff splatting gruesomely all over the ground below, cows learn to no longer eat drug plants, yet humans, are much more stupid than cows, still 'eating' drug plants (after at least 72,014 years of existence), dying over and over, as the stupid dodo-bird that humans are.

yes, drugs' effects can be used as medicine, but they're deadly, which is why they must be used in that controlled medical hospital environment, and~or when you're on your death-bed and it's your last option to stay alive:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botulinum_toxin
botox, is derived from botulism (which is found everywhere in soil~dirt~earth, but extremely rare to get infected, but when you do, its like 95% fatal), it is so powerful that they have to use like just a teeny tiny micron drip~drop of it, and with just that tiny amount, it paralyzes your muscles, producing the botox effect (removing wrinkles or whatever women use it for, meh), that's how powerful it is, and if those doctors messed up, giving you two teen tiny micron drip~drips... you're dead.

-------------

some epic links (vids), I think you'll really like:

http://www.c-span.org/video/?302932-1/d ... government
http://www.c-span.org/video/?307323-1/economic-freedom
http://www.c-span.org/video/?307323-2/o ... government
http://www.c-span.org/video/?307323-3/origins-freedom

truly epic :D

Silver
Cheers. I'll check them when I'm back on wifi.

Marzipan
A wild HegemonKhan appears!

HegemonKhan used Wall of Text.

It's super effective!

Silver
I actually missed that for some reason. Human beings have been taking drugs for longer than religion has been in existence. Some religions are based around or involve drugs.

Jesus turned water into wine, did he not? Criminalising it causes more harm than the drugs themselves do largely because it leaves them unregulated and in the hands of criminality. Don't hit me with morals, it's a shoddy construct.

Silver
And the reason is because he edited it in afterwards - five times in fact! - initially it was just a couple of links to some online videos. :D

I come here to escape political discussion tbh, but this is an introduce yourself thread lol.

HegemonKhan
yes, I'm really not here for politics either... somehow I got carried away and did just that... sighs. Well, I have introduced myself, into my world views... laughs.

no more world views (politics) though... HK's New Years Resolution... I'm going to keep it! (I hope!)

Silver
I enjoy it though. :D This place lacks non-gaming conversation tbh. Maybe we need some generic threads about films, books etc?

Marzipan
'Super effective' as in, 'my eyes are glazing over and my brain is shutting down it's higher functions to defend itself form so...many...words...!' :lol:

Seriously I just saw all those huge posts and went 'nope'. Maybe I'll tackle this thread later after I've had some caffeine which is totally non addictive and not a drug in any way, honest. :)

In the meantime, maybe a mod could use super mod powers to shunt all the off topic stuff (including my posts) to another thread? No offense guys but we probably should have a simple 'introduce yourself' thread somewhere and this one might be a bit much for new members to have to work through...

Cryophile
Superpowers activated.

Silver
Fair move. It was ultra off topic. And hopefully I can get HK biting again lol. :D

Cryophile
Fortunately, it was a clean cut. Conversation very clearly derailed in a particular post, and it was an easy split from there. It can get messy sometimes :(

Silver
I think the worst on here is when someone starts a thread saying "Noobie please help" and then at some other point later the most useful piece of code ever revealed presents itself! I've now started making my own log of where to find things because it's a nightmare searching at a later date. Well actually, it wasn't (I searched through my history basically) but in theory it is.

Cryophile
If specific buried posts are particularly insightful or worth keeping, you can always request it be moved or split for preservation. The boards are here to ask questions and share information, and if a mod can make that easier for people, let us know :)

Silver
What normally happens is The Pixie spots it and starts a new thread with an example and tutorial on the matter! :D

But yeah, cheers, that's worth bearing in mind.