Introduction

Top8media
Hello everyone,

Just discovered Quest and the site, etc. I must say that this is quite exciting and I agree that the text adventure is not dead. Not by a long shot.

In the trail of Google breadcrumbs I followed here I was reading about "Banner Saga" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Banner_Saga ... which looks alot like a next gen text adventure to me. It has the distinction of being one of the most often played through owned game (least unplayed purchased game) on Steam at something like 94% completion (working for memory here) where 22% of Steam games go unplayed. Looking at Banner Saga LPs on Youtube I see plenty of text and fairly static (but nice) cell shaded animation punctuated with some "higer action" visual gameplay. This seems to me, on first glance, to be where at least some Quest gaming is going.

So this summer, as soon as I am finished my current Uni courses, I am going to crash build a Quest game or two.

I am hoping to talk with and learn from the community here.

Cheers,
Chris

abergsma
It's a little late but I thought it would be nice if someone said 'welcome' :) I'm new here myself and so far I love the website too. I teach English as a 2nd language and I am currently making a game for them that involves the grammar of the next chapter. Text adventures / Gamebooks are definately not dead. I use Fighting Fantasy Gamebooks in class all the time when I have some lessons left at the end of a semester. They love it and some of them even emailed me during the summer holiday to ask if I had any more of these. Now it's even easier because I refer them to textadventures.co.uk :)

I hope your game is coming along! Good luck!

KamiNeels
Hi there.

Looking forward for your game.