My First 365 Days with Quest

Entropic Pen
My memory is a little foggy, but I believe that at this time last year that I begun using the Quest Engine and took my first real steps into my personal education on game development, and only three months in, published my first game; "My Little Time Killer" which is still my most popular game.

But believe it or not, My Little Time Killer was not my first game, in fact I begun developing it in late April. The first game I started developing was "Nerd Gaiden"; it was about a gaming nerd who gets sucked through his tv and into a game world where he has to save the Princess of said game world from an evil witch and her army of robots. Sound familiar? Yup, the predecessor of "The Videogame Master". My memory isn't clear on how far I got into development on "Nerd Gaiden", but I remember it was like a linear text adventure instead of a gamebook. The "Entropic Combat System" that was popularized in both My Little Time Killer and Welcome to Dream Valley, then refined in Entropic Adventure had it's roots in Nerd Gaiden.

I have tried other game engines before Quest, like Game Maker which I bombed, then RPG Maker which I couldn't figure out, then I tried to make a roguelike game which crashed more than a Grand Theft Auto character being controlled by a 7 year old. Quest was the first engine I came across which allowed an expansive freedom of scripting and code... or at least it the first engine I got good at.

I want to thank Alex Warren, Jaynabonne, Petrex, and everyone who ever played/rated my games and put up with my antics. I wouldn't want any other gaming dev community!

- Entropic Pen