Ectocomp 2013

george
For those of you who don't read the intfiction forum, the deadline for Ectocomp -- the 3 hour Halloween game jam -- is extended by six hours, to 6 AM GMT.

http://www.intfiction.org/forum/viewtop ... omp#p58028

Shhhhh! Did you... did you hear something? Something hiding in the night... something horrifying, revived by October's mystic air. Something stirring in the leaves, that crawls up from the darkest pits of the Earth only once in a year, something whose scream can be heard across the globe, a monster they say is called... ECTOCOMP!

Ectocomp, Interactive Fiction's Official Hallowe'en Speed-IF, has returned for its seventh incarnation this fateful year of 2013! Ectocomp is a haunting, all-month competition for Hallowe'en-themed interactive fiction executed in just three (3) hours on any platform, guillotine, or gallows. Once more our host, J.J. Guest, crosses over from his indescribable world of horror to oversee this darkest of IF rituals. Writers and all sensitive persons, prepare as you may... there is no defense against the nightmares of this season! Will they compel you to portray impossible worlds of madness, confess to occult sins of mystery, or tickle your readers' funny bones... to death?

Apparently there's going to be a record number of entries this year. The rules are simple -- you must create your game in 3 hours. This includes testing. You can prepare beforehand, but all coding and testing must fit in 3 hours.

I wasn't going to enter but now with the deadline extension I think I might!