Hi everyone!

HappyHollie
Hi everyone, I thought I'd introduce myself...

I'm Hollie (or HH), I'm relatively new to playing text adventures - a friend introduced me to them just before Christmas and now I am hooked lol (on a sort of on-and-off basis...)

Anyway I'm here because I'm going to have a go at creating my own :)

Nice to meet you all. *waves*

TriangleGames
I'm 31 years old, and I've been playing text games since I was about 12. I've always wondered if the popularity of "retro" games was dependent on nostalgia, so it's really nice to hear that even text adventures can find an audience with new players in a world so full of "MUST HAVE THE BEST GRAPHICS EVER!!!" styled games. I can't wait to see what kind of game you come up with!

HappyHollie
Hi Triangle,

I'm only 20, so I guess you were born into the golden age of text-adventure-gaming! I'm hoping for a renaissance of these types of game - I'm not a big computer/video game player usually - I love to read though and the concept of text adventure takes that one step further. No game with amazing graphics can compare to someone's imagination!

sgreig
Welcome Hollie!

If you have any questions, please be sure to ask them over in the Quest 5 forum! :)

guzmere
Yeah welcome to the gaming of the intellect shame in a way you missed the retro years of the seventies with greats like Scott Adams. The fore runners of today's thinking man's games. But it's nice to see new blood ( so to speak ) interested in the IF. Like sgreig says any problems visit the forums always someone there to help. :D Happy Adventuring :D Terry