Learning XML for Quest

TriangleGames
I was curious to know more about XML, so I just did some brief reading on the web (okay...Wikipedia). It seems there's a lot of different types, or at least a lot of related applications for it. So then I googled ".aslx" and the first thing I saw was a documentation page for Quest, which started by saying, "Quest 5.0 uses a new XML-based file format..."

For the purposes of using Quest, if I have a general familiarity with programming and creating classes, is there any reason for me to study XML outside of the Quest documentation provided? If so, are there any particular websites or books that you'd recommend?

Alex
I don't think there's any reason to study anything more than the basics. As long as you know about opening and closing tags, and how to escape certain characters (such as "<" as "&lt;") then that's enough. It may also help to know what a CDATA section is. All of this is very basic stuff. No need to learn about namespaces, XSLT or any of that stuff.

When it says "Quest 5.0 uses a new XML format" that just means new compared to Quest 4.x, which didn't use XML.