So Quiet

Redsun
wow everyone is so quiet, what's up?...LOL

Elexxorine
Not much, busy with uni really.. Don't worry I'll always lurk though.

Redsun
What's uni? :) The engine your working on? or something else?

Thanatos
Uni = University.

And yeah, I'm lurking too... School, Work, Friends, Chores, Homework, Work, School, Band Practice, etc all keep me busy. I try, though.

steve the gaming guy
I don't think those things have ever stopped you before. :lol:
The only time you were quiet was when you did not have access to your computer for a few days. :)

Thanatos
Yesh, well, I only recently got a job, and now that im in year 10 there is a lot more homework. Damn you old people for not warning me!

Elexxorine
Wait til 6th form (years 12 and 13), they're real fun, a least you can free periods, but boy do you need them.

Thanatos
*sob*

Alex
Wait until you start full-time employment - then you'll miss all the free time you used to have...

Thanatos
My god, Alex has strayed into the Chat section of the forum :lol: This won't end well :wink:

Elexxorine
Unless you become a teacher (and don't you have to deal with some real retards), you only get a few weeks holiday a year.... including bank holidays!

Thanatos
Thats it, I'm stunting my growth *picks up shovel*

paul_one
I'm in a "good" job... 30 DAYS holiday a year (well, 25 including bank holidays) ... Which is 5 weeks holiday...

Then there's the fact I'm on call HALF the year (that's right - every other week).
I think early retirement would be the best option.... About 50 years early..

steve the gaming guy
Wow, that's quite a bit of days off. I work at a Bank so I get bank holidays off. haha... in total, I have 4 weeks plus two days that I can take off. Is nice.... and my work hours just changed from 9 to 5 ... down to 8 to 4. I've been working 7 hour days and now it's earlier so I get to beat the rush traffic going home.

Elexxorine
At uni you still get decent holidays, not as much as school though. No half terms, but longer term holidays. Three weeks off at easter, yay! Three weeks is the basic holiday we get, christmas and easter are only holidays though. But the time table's lighter again, depending on course. I do engineering so first term was very heavy as we had lots of lab work to do, this term is very light only 12 hours of lectures and such. Well goto go, got design now... Building a moving stadium roof... Run. Just before christmas we had to build a mars rover out of lego, good times.

Cryophile
I've been backpacking across north america for the last few months, and I'll be out for the remainder of the year, I think. Before that I'd been busy with work, finding work, etc., that I barely had time to be around here. I'm hoping to make a gradual return, and I'll be visiting and catching up during my stops while traveling.

Thanatos
Woah, the infamous Slayer finally makes an appearence! Good to meet you. :mrgreen: I'm the new guy.

(apparently)

Cryophile
Heh, I've seen you around before. I haven't been on as much as I'd like, but I've still talked to elex and paul over instant messengers as much as I can. I've got a few games I haven't touched in over a year now. I've been so busy with life I haven't had a chance to do anything with them at all. Hopefully I can get those touched up and get more involved with the forums again. Good to meet you, Thanatos ;)

paul_one
I had a dream about talking with you last night Slayer!!
... Can't remember what was said though.. :(

Hope your travelling's going well anyway.

Cryophile
Well, I started up on the east side of the Rocky Mountains in Canada, and went towards the west coast. I spent some time in numerous cities, and on some of the islands. I then went south of the border into the US and down through Washington, Oregon, California, and then east through Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas, and then back north through Oklahoma, Kansas, and Missouri, and I should be in Minneapolis, Minnesota in a week or so. I don't think this trip will end until september/october. I've got a looong thread concerning it on another forum, but I won't link that here. I've met over a dozen people from the other forum over the course of my travels so far, and a ton of random people that were just as cool. It's been awesome :D

Elexxorine
Come visit us over in merry old england!

Cryophile
Hah, well, I began this trip with $17, and I have about that much now despite leaving in January. I'd love to hop the ocean and do this, but I couldn't afford a plane ticket and traveling broke in Europe probably won't get me far.

paul_one
I didn't think travelling anywhere broke gets you far? :o

.. you're not doing this swap this are you? O.o

Elexxorine
How come you've spent so little? I know you're couch surfing, what about food and stuff?

Cryophile
I can usually find food, shelter, and entertainment with little money. I've spent a lot of money along the way. It's been quite an adventure, and I'm learning a lot about people. You'd be surprised how far you can make it without much money ;) I've got a long ways to go yet.

Elexxorine
If you know where to look you can get free food and loads of other stuff (dumpster diving, yay!). When you live without money you realise how little you really need it... Glad you're having fun.