So Quiet

For general chat about anything else

Moderators: Pertex, Alex, sgreig, Cryophile

Re: So Quiet

Postby Cryophile » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:11 pm

I've been backpacking across north america for the last few months, and I'll be out for the remainder of the year, I think. Before that I'd been busy with work, finding work, etc., that I barely had time to be around here. I'm hoping to make a gradual return, and I'll be visiting and catching up during my stops while traveling.
Cryophile

Postby Thanatos » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:43 am

Woah, the infamous Slayer finally makes an appearence! Good to meet you. :mrgreen: I'm the new guy.

(apparently)
Thanatos

Postby Cryophile » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:28 pm

Heh, I've seen you around before. I haven't been on as much as I'd like, but I've still talked to elex and paul over instant messengers as much as I can. I've got a few games I haven't touched in over a year now. I've been so busy with life I haven't had a chance to do anything with them at all. Hopefully I can get those touched up and get more involved with the forums again. Good to meet you, Thanatos ;)
Cryophile

Postby paul_one » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:02 pm

I had a dream about talking with you last night Slayer!!
... Can't remember what was said though.. :(

Hope your travelling's going well anyway.
paul_one

Postby Cryophile » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:02 pm

Well, I started up on the east side of the Rocky Mountains in Canada, and went towards the west coast. I spent some time in numerous cities, and on some of the islands. I then went south of the border into the US and down through Washington, Oregon, California, and then east through Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas, and then back north through Oklahoma, Kansas, and Missouri, and I should be in Minneapolis, Minnesota in a week or so. I don't think this trip will end until september/october. I've got a looong thread concerning it on another forum, but I won't link that here. I've met over a dozen people from the other forum over the course of my travels so far, and a ton of random people that were just as cool. It's been awesome :D
Cryophile

Postby Elexxorine » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:15 pm

Come visit us over in merry old england!
Elexxorine

Postby Cryophile » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:17 pm

Hah, well, I began this trip with $17, and I have about that much now despite leaving in January. I'd love to hop the ocean and do this, but I couldn't afford a plane ticket and traveling broke in Europe probably won't get me far.
Cryophile

Postby paul_one » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:54 am

I didn't think travelling anywhere broke gets you far? :o

.. you're not doing this swap this are you? O.o
paul_one

Postby Elexxorine » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:28 am

How come you've spent so little? I know you're couch surfing, what about food and stuff?
Elexxorine

Postby Cryophile » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:45 pm

I can usually find food, shelter, and entertainment with little money. I've spent a lot of money along the way. It's been quite an adventure, and I'm learning a lot about people. You'd be surprised how far you can make it without much money ;) I've got a long ways to go yet.
Cryophile

Postby Elexxorine » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:34 pm

If you know where to look you can get free food and loads of other stuff (dumpster diving, yay!). When you live without money you realise how little you really need it... Glad you're having fun.
Elexxorine

Previous

Return to General Discussion