Other games - Non text

For general chat about anything else

Moderators: Pertex, Alex, sgreig, Cryophile, jaynabonne

steve the gaming guy

Other games - Non text

Postby steve the gaming guy » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:50 pm

So what other games do you all play? And what systems? PC, XBox 360, PS3, Wii, etc. etc....

Lately, I have been playing Left 4 Dead on XBOX 360 at my friend's house during lunchbreaks. That is one crazy adrenaline packed game. I play lots o' others too in my spare time (spare time - hahahaha)
Portal was lots of fun. Very challenging.
I like all the adventure games from the old King's Quest games to the latest Nancy Drew craze. Don't laugh. They are fun and not just for girls. I do play them with my wife though.
That's enough for now.... so what's new with you?

Thanatos

Re: Other games - Non text

Postby Thanatos » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:30 am

I only have a spare few games for my Xbox 360, including:
[*]SpiderMan 3
[*]Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath
[*]Kung-Fu Panda
[*]Lego Indiana Jones
[*]Fable 2

I am also a Call of Duty 4-5 addict, but don't own them. Same with Halo 3 and Gears of War 2.

For computer I like to play:
[*]Silkroad Online
[*]Soldier Front

As you can see I like my FPS and MMORPG's.

---

Left 4 Dead is a great fun game, but quiet frankly, as with all zombie games in the 6th generation, it dissapointed me. I want a nice game where you run about with your friends, build baracades, find your own weapons, etc. Left 4 Dead lacks a big weapon choice, which screws around with me. I love the special infected, expecially throwing a molotov at a witch then shutting the door :)

Redsun

Postby Redsun » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:06 am

I Play Fallout 3 for the PC.

I Play Little big planet and GTA4 for the PS3, I Play wow off and on.

I'm getting Sims 3 for PC and Killzone 2 for PS3.

steve the gaming guy

Postby steve the gaming guy » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:33 pm

Ah, you have played Left 4 Dead, Thana. Nice. The other day my friend said "I see her" and threw a cocktail and hit her in the head. She came charging us (on fire) and we were in a building looking out and she couldn't jump up so we just kept shooting her until she died. That was the luckiest encounter with a witch on that game so far. Right now, we've been trying to beat the finale at the airport (level 4) on advanced instead of normal and we just can't seem to do it. I really like the split screen left/right to play with a friend. I agree that the lack of weapons is sad.

I have played C&C 3 on PC. I just played the demo of Red Alert 3 and thing is awesome (on PC). I have played through Kung Fu Panda on Wii and it was pretty cool.
My friend has Fallout 3 for the 360 but I haven't played it. He seemed to like it though.

paul_one

Postby paul_one » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:54 am

.... I'm playing this rubbish game called "Real Life" on the "Earth"..
.. I can't find a way to pause it or change character, and so far there haven't been ANY save-points.
Does anyone know any cheat codes? :D

... on a side note, I am playing:
Silent Hill Origins (PSP)
FF12 (PS2)
re-playing some games (Resident Evil games/prince of persia/crash)
Playing the Wii (sports/mario kart/wall-E/some minor games) - most of the time with my nephew cos he's not that grown up yet to complete games himself.

But those are only in the spare time when I am feeling like it - which isn't often. :(

Thanatos

Postby Thanatos » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:46 am

Easy Steve. There should be a nifty truck you can jump on, just sit there with an Auto Shotgun and blast any undead that try to hop on. If a tank comes along, just wait until he gets on, hop off, and backpedal until you kill him.

You wouldn't believe how many attempts I have had at trying to kill witches with a single headshot (because they don't take damage from the first shot they take whilst crying). I consider myself sort of a Witch Hunter.

steve the gaming guy

Postby steve the gaming guy » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:15 pm

Ooooh, that's why you can't kill a witch with an easy headshot. You have to wait until she's charging you... freaky.

Well hey, we did finally beat that level. Tank? How about TankS plural. We were playing on advanced. There was a broken down plane near the gas pump that we climbed up on the wing and fought off the horde... and the first Tank. The biggest problem is that the AI players kept running down off the plane and we had to keep rescuing them. The retards. Anyway, we finally beat it and high fived each other, lol.

Thanatos

Postby Thanatos » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:05 am

Congrats. And to get the One-HS Witch-Hunter Kill, you can't have made her charging by shooting (deals damage) Jut run up and "show her the light." :wink:

Elexxorine

Postby Elexxorine » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:27 am

PC:
WoW (not been sub since end of last year) (+ Burning Crusade)
Morrowind
Warcraft3 (+ Frozen Throne)
Sims2
Starcraft

Not been playing any games lately though as too much work at uni.

steve the gaming guy

Postby steve the gaming guy » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:38 pm

Thanatos wrote:Congrats. And to get the One-HS Witch-Hunter Kill, you can't have made her charging by shooting (deals damage) Jut run up and "show her the light." :wink:

dude... genius. I'll try that today.

Elex, I love the Sims games. I have the first Sims and ALL the expansions and I have Sims 2 and one expansion (I forget which one).

Elexxorine

Postby Elexxorine » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:27 pm

I got sims1 with living it up, and pets, andsims2 with univeristy (want nightlife though (yay vampires) and pets).

I hear sims 3 is on it's way.

Oh forgot to say cos I haven't got the disc: Spore. The reason sims2 wasn't as good as it should've been. Spore wasn't as good as it should've been cos of sims3 now. Dammit. I followed the game being developed for several years, discussing it almost every day walking home from school, then forgot about it over the summer until I saw an advert for it saying it'd been released. After me and my nephew begging my sister to pick itup on her way home from work, 24 hours later we were building empires. Good times....

Redsun

Postby Redsun » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:21 am

We're getting Sims 3 ourselves, due out Feb 20th.

steve the gaming guy

Postby steve the gaming guy » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:26 pm

Yeah I heard about the Sims 3...hoping it will lower the cost of all the Sims 2 expansions. hehe

Thanatos

Postby Thanatos » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:33 am

Sims 1 with the Pets expansion.
Sims 2 with the Open for Buisness expansion.
Also have Spore (rarely play - just mess around in the Creature Creator. (Passd it already, damn Grox!))

EDIT: Also have Warcarft 3 (+ Frozen Throne)

Elexxorine

Postby Elexxorine » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:42 am

Thana, want to play over battle.net some time if I'm not busy?

Return to “General Discussion”