To the moderators

Michael The Gamer
There is lot of problems with you moderators esspally Alex and paul_one

1. I've sent a PM on a complaint to Alex on the forums and how you can make it better but that didn't happen

2.Banning members on the forums for unpleasant post like bond007 but that didn't happen

3.Banning Indecent post and topics like my post :

How many games have you posted on Textadventures

I bet that Adrift's forum is much much better then this one

Now what are you gonna do next?
Tease about my spelling and my grammar and lock this post?

Get Real!

These moderaters that I do not blame for now:
MaDbRiT, S1ay3R, Arbutus, Lucy

Dr.Froth
Alex is not a moderator...he is the guy that wrote Quest.

You might like Adrift better...go check it out.

Tell David W. hello, you will find him on the Adrift forum as well... as...uhhh..oh god...A Moderator.

Actually, from what I can tell they put up with way less crap on the Adrift forum than we do here so make sure you mind your P's and Q's.

Good Luck

Elexxorine
It's interesting that you attack the only active moderators... If you check the other ones, they haven't been seen for months...

davidw
Yes, pop on over to the Adrift forum, Michael the Gamer. I haven't banned anyone in quite a while.

MaDbRiT
Nice to know I'm not being blamed for anything :lol:

For those who 'know' me from past postings - I confirm that I am still about, I read the sensible postings when I have the time to catch up, but I'm no longer 'active' in respect of Quest, for reasons I've mentioned previously.

Wish you all good luck with your projects!

Al (MaDbRiT)

Michael The Gamer
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alex is not a moderator...he is the guy that wrote Quest.

You might like Adrift better...go check it out.

Tell David W. hello, you will find him on the Adrift forum as well... as...uhhh..oh god...A Moderator.

Actually, from what I can tell they put up with way less crap on the Adrift forum than we do here so make sure you mind your P's and Q's.

Good Luck

I think I notisted that David W is a moderator
I think he was a moderator for game review
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's interesting that you attack the only active moderators... If you check the other ones, they haven't been seen for months...

Maybe your right (expept MaDbRiT)
He just posted
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, pop on over to the Adrift forum, Michael the Gamer. I haven't banned anyone in quite a while.

I've regestered in the Adrift forums
I got nothing to post yet so my username is like the same one right here

Michael the Gamer

Looks like I have to get used to Adrift...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice to know I'm not being blamed for anything

For those who 'know' me from past postings - I confirm that I am still about, I read the sensible postings when I have the time to catch up, but I'm no longer 'active' in respect of Quest, for reasons I've mentioned previously.

Wish you all good luck with your projects!

Al (MaDbRiT)

I'm just happy that a moderator (you) is a real moderator (for now)
P.S Nice Avitar
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This seems weird
Since Steve Lingle made a topic called When commenting on games...
Everyone is now commenting everyday
weird uh?

MaDbRiT can you unlock a poll? If you can, can you unlock a poll that was in Quest Games called
How many games have you made and posted in Textadventures?
I just dont get it why is locked for no good reason

Now I just have to wait and sit back until paul_one or a no good person to teases this post about gammar and spelling

davidw
My God, what a clueless idiot you are, Michael the Gamer. You've actually gone and added the creator of Quest, the guy in charge of this forum and the one you're bleating to to do something about this 'unfair treatment' you've been receiving, to your hate list? Are you posting your comments from a little padded cell by any chance?

You come onto the forum, insult people left, right and centre, act like a total jerk, and then expect people to take your side? The same people you're insulting and adding to your hate list you expect to back you up? The mind boggles.

And yes, your spelling and your grammar suck. Go back to school and brush up on your English and don't come back till you sound a bit older than the five years you surely are.

paul_one
Not again with the hate list!?
I thought that ended when your age hit double-figures, or when that weird couple left the forums a little while back.

So your main 'beef' with moderators is that they moderate the forums?
Those who DON'T moderate the forums, are ok.. Nice philosophy.

I've seen a small increase in your English grammar - seems like it's your second language.

All I can say is stay in school, stop making hate lists, and don't keep pushing this issue - or your posts WILL be locked as spam.

[EDIT]
Oh, and the poll was locked because it was going downhill and barely anyone has submitted a game that post on these forums.
So the poll would have only been useful as another place to argue.

007bond
Hahaha I'm on the official hate list!
Woohoo! :lol:

Alex
F***ing hell...

witch wyzwurd
Hey Michael The Gamer,

I'm not sure of the whole debate here. I read a-little awhile ago about how Steve gave you a bad review on a game you made. That made you mad. But don't quit using Quest because of that or because of what some forum members will say to you about your spelling and such. A large percentage of Quest games get slammed for poor spelling. Even Dr. Froth's game that placed in IF (congratz Froth!) was spotted with grammatical errors (I played it and I can attest to that). Quest is a good platform from which to build your game with though.

Slamming appears frequently in Quest forums at times, and usually one member becomes the focus. And, yes, they can sometimes be silenced by threads being locked (fairly or unfairly). Suggestion: just post about building games, helping others build games, or to push your own game. Don't get caught in an argument, because no matter how right or wrong you are, you'll only get pounced on. Remember: people here are only reading words on a screen, and don't necessarily connect that to a real person with emotions or an intellectual capacity. Plus, how the words are set can be taken a few different ways by a few different people, including you.

Many Quest games get plummeted with harsh responses by non-Quest users and Quest users alike. Some of the games are quite lame, while some others strive to be a bit better. As I understand, Steve gave you a poor review. That's his opinion. If you don't like his response and you feel your game is better than what he stated, then ignore him and continue to be happy with your game. But give Steve the benefit of the doubt; is your game any better than what he made it out to be? You shouldn't get angry about his response if it holds some value.... albeit harsh. I've only experienced Steve to provide honest feedback and a friendly demeanor, so listen to what he has to say about why he responded to your game the way he did.

I strongly suggest you don't get uptight about responses from moderators. They are not any more unbiased than judges in a court of law. And we both know that those judges slide in directions that aren't always fair to all.

Try losing your anger over the issue and ask Steve and the moderators and Alex to restart a forum relationship from scratch. If you feel you deserve an apology from any of them and/or if you feel you need to apologize too, then ask the ones who should apologize to do so and apologize yourself. It's not condusive to a worthwhile forum, if members just squabble about useless issues. And I think we can all agree with that. And, Alex, it's not in your benefit if potential Quest users turn away from your product because of how they get treated.

I really do believe in the Quest product and urge Michael The Gamer to stick around and help it flourish. Let's hear him out; as long it's not this way.

Michael The Gamer
witch wyzwurd wrote:Hey Michael The Gamer,

I'm not sure of the whole debate here. I read a-little awhile ago about how Steve gave you a bad review on a game you made. That made you mad. But don't quit using Quest because of that or because of what some forum members will say to you about your spelling and such. A large percentage of Quest games get slammed for poor spelling. Even Dr. Froth's game that placed in IF (congratz Froth!) was spotted with grammatical errors (I played it and I can attest to that). Quest is a good platform from which to build your game with though.

Slamming appears frequently in Quest forums at times, and usually one member becomes the focus. And, yes, they can sometimes be silenced by threads being locked (fairly or unfairly). Suggestion: just post about building games, helping others build games, or to push your own game. Don't get caught in an argument, because no matter how right or wrong you are, you'll only get pounced on. Remember: people here are only reading words on a screen, and don't necessarily connect that to a real person with emotions or an intellectual capacity. Plus, how the words are set can be taken a few different ways by a few different people, including you.

Many Quest games get plummeted with harsh responses by non-Quest users and Quest users alike. Some of the games are quite lame, while some others strive to be a bit better. As I understand, Steve gave you a poor review. That's his opinion. If you don't like his response and you feel your game is better than what he stated, then ignore him and continue to be happy with your game. But give Steve the benefit of the doubt; is your game any better than what he made it out to be? You shouldn't get angry about his response if it holds some value.... albeit harsh. I've only experienced Steve to provide honest feedback and a friendly demeanor, so listen to what he has to say about why he responded to your game the way he did.

I strongly suggest you don't get uptight about responses from moderators. They are not any more unbiased than judges in a court of law. And we both know that those judges slide in directions that aren't always fair to all.

Try losing your anger over the issue and ask Steve and the moderators and Alex to restart a forum relationship from scratch. If you feel you deserve an apology from any of them and/or if you feel you need to apologize too, then ask the ones who should apologize to do so and apologize yourself. It's not condusive to a worthwhile forum, if members just squabble about useless issues. And I think we can all agree with that. And, Alex, it's not in your benefit if potential Quest users turn away from your product because of how they get treated.

I really do believe in the Quest product and urge Michael The Gamer to stick around and help it flourish. Let's hear him out; as long it's not this way.

Thank you for that kindly post it really helped me
Honistly I like using Quest but not the Quest forums
So I think I owe Alex an apology thats why I removed him from the hate list
Sorry Alex

But still Im getting revenge until I get an apology from paul_one and 007 bond

WHAT THE F*** IS THIS?

Oh, and the poll was locked because it was going downhill and barely anyone has submitted a game that post on these forums.
So the poll would have only been useful as another place to argue.

So why cant you just leave it for a few years?
I dont care if I get 0 votes each day
and cant you see I put a none in the poll question?
If everyone didnt make a game they will have to vote none then.

Now I dont get this s***

Oh Great, Another Meaningful Poll.
.. With Incorrect Punctuation.
.. And Serial Capitalisation Offences.

If you want to see why 007bond should get banned read on:

My god you're a loser Michael.

I never thought I'd see the day when I agreed with davidw.
Seriously, whoever you are, Michael the Gamer, sod off.
You're a complete idiot and your input is not welcome here.

Michael The Gamer
davidw wrote:My God, what a clueless idiot you are, Michael the Gamer. You've actually gone and added the creator of Quest, the guy in charge of this forum and the one you're bleating to to do something about this 'unfair treatment' you've been receiving, to your hate list? Are you posting your comments from a little padded cell by any chance?

You come onto the forum, insult people left, right and centre, act like a total jerk, and then expect people to take your side? The same people you're insulting and adding to your hate list you expect to back you up? The mind boggles.

And yes, your spelling and your grammar suck. Go back to school and brush up on your English and don't come back till you sound a bit older than the five years you surely are.

I wasnt comming onto the forum to insult people left, right and centre, act like a total jerk, and then expect people to take your side
Your want my reason why I put this stupid topic? You should look at witch wyzwurd post
That should cover it up a bit
Cant you see almost all of the active members in this forum are acting like a bunch of idiot including a moderator?
I can predict the future of this topic
a moderator will lock this topic
lets see whats happening...

Michael The Gamer
Calix wrote:Well, i think that i am starting...but, theres something that i cant make in my game...
i want to create a Death note game...
You se, you write in the Death note, and that person die...
so, you can kill standing far far away from your objetive...
theres two things that i cant do
first, take fotos...or write things in notebooks...
the Take foto is used to remember de "face" (the name)...also this qestion its to memorize faces (using view #@ppl#)
the other its to use these, (memo, or foto) to kill people by writing in the notebook, and when you look the notebook it will display the list of names

someone could tell me how to do these??!
PLEAAASEE

if you have answered...thank you n_n

(maybe im requesting for miracles -.-)

This I found in the non-reply section
It was a poll, link:
http://www.axeuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1723&highlight=
and had only 1 vote
Since paul_one lock my poll for just 2 votes
why dont you lock this one?
It only had 1 vote (has menchioned about) and had no intrest to anyone

And lol! he lock his own post
http://www.axeuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1681&highlight=

witch wyzwurd

Michael, what's your gain in getting revenge? Will the value of your life increase? Will your Quest games become better?

007bond stated personal feelings of how he thinks about you, but that doesn't mean what he wants will come to pass. But if you keep egging it on by being revengeful, then it might (which doesn't mean I agree with it). So what's the point? Just concentrate on the core reason you got Quest... to make games. The best revenge you can have on anyone in this forum is to make a really good game (which doesn't mean I think anybody else's suck).

Posts get locked because a reply would either degenerate into meaningless babble or because something is figured out and doesn't need a response. Usually the latter doesn't occur, but since paul_one has the ability to lock posts, he probably did it to his own because he could.

As I aforesaid, not every person imposing judgement is unbiased or fair. Paul_one provides insight into ASL and will provide input to help another gamer in programming, so find friendship with him at this level.

You'll feel people have positive and negative qualities here and anywhere else, so quit picking a fight with their negative qualities and cherish the lighter aspects of them.

davidw
So who is it you're planning to get ‘revenge’ on then, Michael the Gamer? You’ve been on the forum… what? 5 minutes… and already you’ve got half the userbase of the forum on your hate list and the other half are probably just sat there shaking their heads in dismay over what an idiot you're making of yourself. If you ever do manage to get a game done, will there be anyone left here willing to play it or will your potential audience be avoiding it because they, too, are on your hate list?

If you can’t see what a fool you're making of yourself, you need a damn good kick up the backside. Let me know your address and I’ll be only too happy to deliver it.

Dr.Froth
Damn...I do not know why I did not think of this before.

Hey Michael the Gamer... I can tell that you enjoy pissing people off. That means you would probably love a shirt from my T-shirt store "Ferverwear."

My shop is, seriously, the most offensive shirt store in the world. If you can find a shop whose sum total of their products is more depraved and evil than mine...well you let me know and I'll make something worse. In over a year, we have not been able to find one. (Though sicworld and T-shirt hell have come close...pound for pound we are still more disturbed).

I can not even list the shirts in this forum. But one just created a huge rukus that almost got my little brother removed from an airport. I was almost shot for wearing one in the wrong place here in Houston.

Anyway, the store is at: http://www.ferverwear.com

Enjoy.

PS. For the rest of the forum: do not go to my site. You already have a year ago and hated it. You will still hate it. And I do not want hate on the forum...only peace and goodwill....(and maybe some maple bacon..mmmm).

Dr. Froth

steve the gaming guy
Hey Doc Froth, I'll have to re-check the website when I get home from work. Don't want to be shot by my network admins.

[deep breath] Ok...I figured I would step in for a minute since some of this is about me and apparently indirectly started by me. First, witch wyzurd, I wasn't even making a comment about Michael's game. I made a comment about a dther99 game that he made a comment on. Now we have to assume that he and dther99 are not the same person.

I never intended to insult you, Michael. There have been some name calling towards you from others (which you did bring on yourself) but I haven't called you any names nor have I been very outspoken with your comments. Despite my general quietness in the matter, I am still on your hate list and you still post things about me being an idiot. In the review below, you are giving a bad review (agreeing with me) about a game that was better written than any of the dther99 games yet you admit you were agreeing with me. And a little side note...when you post comments about games in the archives, it would be much easier to read if you didn't quote the entire page in your comment.

http://www.textadventures.co.uk/review. ... e=143#r729

Michael wrote:This is the first time I have agreed with a idiot (Steve Lingle)
I agree that if the game doesnt work right dont post it on this website
about 75% off all games in this achieve are useless demos and junk.
Demo: If it was a demo that was made about 5 years ago maybe more maybe less and that was about to be relesed 1 years ago maybe less or more. Why didnt it came out full version at a exact date?
Junk: Everyone knows what is junk and the game called ryan's own msn is one of them
But I still dont get why are you negitive..

To defend myself from your initial attack that I have quoted in the other thread, I posted a quick comment in my gamethat you trashed without playing.

Steve wrote:Michael the gamer sure taught me a lesson. Apparently, he does not appreciate criticism of his grammar.

to which you replied

What the hell is criticism?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I will let the other readers decide what that means but honestly, this all began from an honest critique (another big word) on a game and asked why you rated it a 3? Simple as that.

Other people have kindly backed me up with my reputation in here. I am generally a nice person. You've been requesting apologies. Maybe some are due to you from others. But not from me. I did not do anything wrong (please correct me, Alex and moderators, if there was something I said out of order). If anything, Michael, you owe everyone an apology for your continued attacks and you owe me an apology for your retaliation of my honest comment and giving me a one star for that reason alone.

Michael wrote:I can predict the future of this topic
a moderator will lock this topic
lets see whats happening...

That is almost a definite. Be well, Michael.

witch wyzwurd
Steve said:

First, witch wyzurd, I wasn't even making a comment about Michael's game. I made a comment about a dther99 game that he made a comment on.

I said:

I'm not sure of the whole debate here.

I caught the gist of what was happening a few months ago, but saw it as deterring forum members from anything useful, and when I saw that you were involved, I pretty much figured Michael took something out of context, so I just glossed over the argument and didn't take a chance to comprehend it fully. When I responded yesterday, I didn't bother to investigate the whole matter, since my main point was just to find a common ground amongst Michael and the rest of us and move on. Thanks for keeping me up-to-date. Now the whole matter seems more frivolous than it was before.

steve the gaming guy
witch wyzwurd the man wrote:Now the whole matter seems more frivolous than it was before.

That is true, my man. :D

Michael The Gamer
witch wyzwurd wrote:

Michael, what's your gain in getting revenge? Will the value of your life increase? Will your Quest games become better?

007bond stated personal feelings of how he thinks about you, but that doesn't mean what he wants will come to pass. But if you keep egging it on by being revengeful, then it might (which doesn't mean I agree with it). So what's the point? Just concentrate on the core reason you got Quest... to make games. The best revenge you can have on anyone in this forum is to make a really good game (which doesn't mean I think anybody else's suck).

Posts get locked because a reply would either degenerate into meaningless babble or because something is figured out and doesn't need a response. Usually the latter doesn't occur, but since paul_one has the ability to lock posts, he probably did it to his own because he could.

As I aforesaid, not every person imposing judgement is unbiased or fair. Paul_one provides insight into ASL and will provide input to help another gamer in programming, so find friendship with him at this level.

You'll feel people have positive and negative qualities here and anywhere else, so quit picking a fight with their negative qualities and cherish the lighter aspects of them.

Im using this topic
http://www.axeuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=14122#14122
to stop this anger and revenge
hope the moderators dont lock this topic

Alex
Enough of this, thanks.