Text Formatting (html and Title Screens)

TriangleGames
How wide a variety of html formatting can be used in the new text processor? I was looking for a way to "fade in" the text on a title screen. (Which I wouldn't even know how to do in html, but I'm sure I could look it up on the web if it's possible to do it at all.)

jaynabonne
I haven't tried it, but I'd suggest putting a CSS style on your text and then you can simply update the style dynamically. I could try to work up something.

jaynabonne
Here is a quick, dirty, probably slightly dumb sample. It has a number of flaws, but it does show one possibility.

Edit: I think there is a way to not have a newline/br after each msg. That would be worth researching. :)

TriangleGames
:shock: O M G, I am not ready for that, lol. I really did laugh when I looked over the functions and scripts you used. In the time it took you to do ALL of that, I was reading, re-reading, and still not understanding a tutorial on making a "fade text" style sheet. I will DEFINITELY want to study all that, but for right now I think it's a little beyond me. Thank you for showing me that, it will be an excellent study guide.

jaynabonne
BTW, I originally tried using a Text Processor replacement in the CSS text, but I think the fact that there was already a '{' in there confused it. For instance, this didn't work:

<cssstyle>
<![CDATA[
<style type='text/css'>
span.TitleText { color:{game.titletextcolor}; font-size:36pt; font-weight:bold;}
</style>
]]>
</cssstyle>

It was just spit verbatim into the HTML. So I think the leading '{' on the style forced it to give up. Unless I messed up somewhere...

jaynabonne
I must confess - the hex code, I grabbed from another project I had. lol. The rest was munged from my current project. :)