create your own skin

Pertex
There are lots of options to modify the view of the quest player, but there are several missing options:
-Centering the text in the main window
-Using webfonts for any text, not only the main window
-Changing the color of the side panes

Here is my solution of this problems:
The alignment can be changed with Javascript. In file test.js there is a function setAlignment which can be called from your gamefile with request(Runscript,"setAlignment")

If you want to change fonts or colors you have to change the style sheet. This can be done by importing an empty html file with just a style sections in it. To find the right styles you can use the great HTML Developer Tool of Quest.
I appended the file test.html where you can find the most important styles.

Here is an example of a grey skin: http://play.textadventures.co.uk/v5/Play.aspx?id=963

There are two problems using this way. First you can't change images (perhaps anybody finds a way how to do this?). And Alex told me, that he is thinking of replacing jQueryUI so the stylesheets will be changed with Q5.4

The Pixie
That looks really cool.

But if it is not supported in 5.4, I would be reluctant to spend time learning what I can do with it, only for games that use it to become obsolete in a year or so.

Pertex
The stylesheetnames will change but not the technique

The Pixie

Had a quick play around. You can change styles dynamically during the game; I have updated your game to include some new commands. Type a colour (in English! red, blue, yellow, green, black, white or gray) while playing the game, and the colour scheme will change.

Pertex
nice idea :D

sonic102
You should have added "grey" as a command too.

Pertex
I have updated and enhanced the demo. Online you can find it here http://textadventures.co.uk/games/play/ ... haa7efgnxa

I have added a new picture pane, hiding and showing single panes and text alignment