Unable to upload game.

FifthDream
I've tried uploading my game .quest file in a few different browsers, and i either get a blank response, or the message "The connection was reset." Is this a known issue, or is there something else i can try?

Thanks for any help.

Alex
This can happen if the file is too big. How big is it? You can try deleting some pictures and sounds (or making them smaller).

Silver
Out of interest, what is the file size limit? I guess my game is gonna end up quite big.

Alex
Something like 20MB, or maybe 50MB. It may increase a bit in future, but why are your games getting so big? Images don't need to be very large to look fine on-screen, and there's no need to have hours of audio in there.

Silver
Oh that's not so bad then. I'd easily be able to complete it under 20MB I reckon. I change the background image a few times, but maybe I'll limit that as it's just flavour really. And yeah, audio doesn't really take up much as it's largely small loops with smaller single hits over the top all compressed to MP3. Was just useful to have a figure in mind so I don't get too carried away.

FifthDream
This is odd. My aslx file is 34KB, but the output .quest file is 281MB. I took out the one small image i had in the game, and it still comes out 281MB. I'm trying to figure out if there's a reason it's so large (the game is not big by any means, just a few rooms to get a feel for the program). Any ideas?

EDIT: I sorted it out. I changed the .quest to a .zip and opened it, and a file that shouldn't have been there was somehow swallowed up into the .quest. I removed it, changed the file back to .quest, and the game is now published and awaiting moderation. Thanks so much for the help!

jaynabonne
As far as I know, anything in the game folder will end up in the .quest file. (I could be wrong about that, but I haven't added a file yet to my game folder - image, sound, Javascript, css, etc - that hasn't ended up in the .quest file in the end.)

Silver
I'll have to make sure to delete all the previous versions sitting in my game directory before I publish.