phpBB Update

Alex
I've updated phpBB to version 3.1, which was released today. Let me know if you spot anything broken!

TextStories
Looks spiffy. :shock: I like the color. :D Reminds me of Infantry Blue. :lol: However and this is probably just me, I keep clicking on the link above that use to be where it takes you back to the forums, but now I see it takes me to the main gaming site, although a little to the right will do what it use to. Not really a big deal, just a habit I have to get out of. :wink: Oh and I am used to seeing people's names on the left hand side, not the right. Is that a forum wide hard coded thing or can that be a personal preference of mine, hence I can change it somehow, perhaps in my profile? :?:

george
Yeah, since the main header link also takes you back to the main site, it'd be more convenient to just have the forum index link below that. Regardless thanks for updating Alex.

Silver
Seems I need to open a menu now to find 'new posts' rather it just being on the forums page.

Silver
You can click 'forums' at the top of the page to take you back to the forums list.

The Pixie
Good: Links at the top of the page take you back in the hierarchy.

Bad: No formatting buttons on the quick reply box.

Silver
I like how clicking the icon next to a thread takes you to the first unread post. It used to annoy me a bit before having to scroll through a thread to the most recent posts.

Alex
The Pixie wrote:Bad: No formatting buttons on the quick reply box.

The quick reply box is new - I hadn't turned it on before. You can click "Full Editor & Preview" to get to the full reply box, featuring the formatting buttons etc., which is the same number of clicks as before.

jaynabonne
Whenever I view a private message, I see this at the bottom:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Twig_Error_Loader' with message 'Unable to find template "ucp_pm_message_footer.html" (looked into: ./styles/prosilver/template) in "ucp_pm_viewmessage.html" at line 157.' in /homepages/22/d195783034/htdocs/sites/forum/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php:202 Stack trace: #0 /homepages/22/d195783034/htdocs/sites/forum/phpbb/template/twig/loader.php(106): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->findTemplate('ucp_pm_message_...') #1 /homepages/22/d195783034/htdocs/sites/forum/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php(138): phpbb\template\twig\loader->findTemplate('ucp_pm_message_...') #2 /homepages/22/d195783034/htdocs/sites/forum/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(265): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->getCacheKey('ucp_pm_message_...') #3 /homepages/22/d195783034/htdocs/sites/forum/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(312): Twig_Environment->getTemplateClass('ucp_pm_message_...', NULL) #4 /homepages/22/d195783034/htdocs/sites/forum/phpbb/template/twig/environment.php(151): Twig_Environm in /homepages/22/d195783034/htdocs/sites/forum/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php on line 202

The Pixie
I have just noticed there is a quick link to the first unread post, something woefully lacking before. Big improvement.

jaynabonne
This is a comment more than a bug: I don't remember how it was before, but I find myself now hitting the wrong button all the time unless I'm really diligent about what I'm doing. I don't know how many drafts I've saved, and I've had times where my text just disappeared. I suspect that the primary buttons (Submit, Send, etc) are now on the right side instead of the left, but (as I say) I don't remember how it was before. I just know I need to change my habits. lol

Not sure if anyone else experiences that...

R2T1
When I click on 'Mark topics read' or 'Mark Forums as read' I get a popup box that eventually goes away saying 'they have now been marked as read'. and then the page refreshes.
Previously, it would just refresh the page.
Is there a setting to turn off the popup box?