Private game Reviews/Comments?

KennedyM
Would it be possible to add an option for Private Reviews/Comments of games so only the author can read them? Or at least some sort of spoiler tag so players don't have to worry about giving plot twists or puzzle answers when giving feedback.

jaynabonne
People can always PM you. :)

Silver
I think they mean a way to control feedback in the game reviews/comments that include spoilers.

jaynabonne
Yes, I got that. :) I was suggesting an alternate communications channel, since it already exists and would work just as well as trying to modify the site to add a new feature. I guess I was addressing more the first part of the question, though it would work for the second to some extent as well.

george
I like the idea of a spoiler tag, especially for a review meant for other players. IFDB has it and it comes in handy.

TextStories
I know there is a forum that allows users to critique a piece of work and it is up to the artist to deem if it was a fair review or not. Now I am not sure if the artist's "no", stops the critique from being shown or just gives it a red flag for an administrator to review and they can decide. After all, unless the critiquer is being a complete jerk, not every review has to be a good one.

As for spoilers, I have seen another forum that made it a rule to post any spoilers with in special tags and the only way to see the spoiler content was to either click on the ready made link or just "highlight/copy" it and it reveals the content. Of course that would have to be policed and also shown in the first initial greeting of a new person and or a sticky in the rules. Now what can be done to those who do not follow it on purpose or by simple mistake, I have no idea. Just suggestions though.

KennedyM
Is there a way to PM a games creator if they are not registered on the forum though? After finding some bugs my first thought was to email the author about them using the email they gave in the game but unfortunately it bounced back.

jaynabonne
KennedyM wrote:Is there a way to PM a games creator if they are not registered on the forum though? After finding some bugs my first thought was to email the author about them using the email they gave in the game but unfortunately it bounced back.

I see. (Funny, I always seem to be looking at things from the wrong direction - in this case, from the author's point of view instead of the player's.) If the author doesn't have any contact info that works, then yes, I guess those channels won't work. :(

I agree a "spoiler" type tag would be useful.