Live examples in documentation

Alex
I haven't started writing the documentation yet, but I'll be adding some soon.

One thing that will be quite cool is having live examples within the documentation. Code on one side, and the resulting text adventure on the other. I've just added a proof of concept - it shows a minimal example game's code, and you can play it right there on the page: http://docs.textadventures.co.uk/questkit/

Silver
Err, that's pretty amazing. You can usurp various code schools in the process given you have an interesting application to apply it all to.

R2T1
obviously you didn't implement Inventory or 'I' yet (or at least not in this example). Otherwise, this will be a great way to see in practice how the theory (of the docs) works.

Pertex
wow, fine!

Alex
Inventory/"i" works - only in lower case at the moment though.

R2T1
Thanks Alex. Just rechecked and found it works. ( i ) However, I noticed that when the output gets to the bottom of the window, the last line is hidden by the bottom horizontal scroll bar. This is on Chrome. Therefore that's why I didn't see the output when I tried earlier.

Alex
Works here on Chrome for me - can you post a screenshot?

R2T1
Here is what I see.
scrnshot.jpg

If I scroll the vertical bar down, I can see the response - You are carrying a book.

Alex
Ah, I see. On Windows the horizontal scrollbar is in the way - that shouldn't be there. I'll fix that tonight.

R2T1
Look OK now. Thanks Alex.