Only running partial script on use/give command

eagle7000
Hello! I'm new here. Having an issue with Quest only running a partial script.

Using the online Quest program, I have an object that I set up using the use/give command.

I set it up to handle objects individually. When one gives an object to another, I want it to take three actions. 1) Move the object to the other - in this case giving sheep to a Shepherd 2) print a message and 3) unlock an exit.

I get no error messages, but when I test this all that happens is the object gets moved. No message prints and the exit remains locked.

The Code view looks like this:

MoveObject (Flock of sheep, Old Shepherd)
msg ("The Old Shepherd nods and beckons the sheep who seem willing to go with him.")
UnlockExit (loft ladder)

What am I doing wrong? Any help will be appreciated!

XanMag
Sounds like it should work. Can you post a screen shot of the gui? If possible, download the desktop version of Quest. It's way less buggy. :)

If those suggestions above aren't doable, delete the entire but you posted and try again. Or maybe try in a new game to test it first.

The Pixie
The code looks good.

What happens if you do it in this order:

msg ("The Old Shepherd nods and beckons the sheep who seem willing to go with him.")
MoveObject (Flock of sheep, Old Shepherd)
UnlockExit (loft ladder)

Generally it would not matter, but it might give us a clue as to what is happening. If the same thing happens (sheep still move, no message), then something else is moving the sheep. Check the Use/Give tab of both the sheep and the shepherd to see if that is possible (code left from failed attempts for example).

eagle7000
Thanks much! The Pixie's advice was spot on! The use/give tab of one object (Shepherd) had a command to move the sheep (with nothing more) and apparently that code trumped! Removing that cleared things up.