I'm new to this, so..

CatDragon
I wanna know how to do something. How do I make it so that you can't use a certain command unless you do something else first? I'll explain more if I need to.

The Pixie
Is this a command already in Quest? And are you using the on-line editor or working off-line?

XanMag
The easiest way is to use a flag and check if that flag is true. Let's say... you have a button that needs pushed. Pushing the button allows you to 'use keyboard'. Add the verb 'push' to the button. It's on the verb tab for the object. Add a new script here. Maybe, print message 'You have pushed the button.' Add another script here, too. Set flag (under variables in the pop-up). Set flag on object button and name it pushed (or anything else you want). On the keyboard object, click on the use/give tab. Here, add a new script. Choose the 'If' script. Select 'If object has flag pushed' then run the proper script allowing the player to use the keyboard. In the 'Else' section of these script, run the proper script telling the player that the keyboard cannot be used yet.

If this doesn't make sense, ask again! Also, feel free to check out the 'game' "Quest - Tutorials and Templates". It's kind of a tutorial for people who use the GUI rather than write code. Again, ask if you have any questions.

CatDragon
But that would only apply to an object though, right? I was hoping not to say it, but I will. I wanted to make it so you can't >get up unless you cut the chains that are holding you down.

Marzipan
You can activate a script when a command is used as well, this includes setting flags.

CatDragon
https://i.gyazo.com/009a7f8342d4fbd4395 ... 99aa80.png Did I do it right? Sorry if I'm being.. Well. stupid.

Marzipan
Have you tested it out in the game yet? Usually the quickest way to see if something is working the way you want.

If you haven't straightened this out by the time I get home I'll put together a quick demo and upload it.

CatDragon
Just checked. Didn't work.

HegemonKhan
see your other thread, 'Help?', I posted some help there.