New to Quest, I have questions.

Zamorak789
Hello everyone!
I've been wanting to create my own text adventure for a while and haven't had the free time until recently, so I figured I'd sit down and start working on it.
I am making a apocalyptic RPG based around the Prototype games. This means a lot of things that, when I think about it, seem quite complex and difficult. I've written out the beginning of the game and character creation. Before I continued on I wanted to check on some things which seem like difficult tasks, see if anyone has tutorials or suggestions for them, and et cetera.
I have experience with Javascript and I am not afraid to learn more about coding.
Woo, combat stuff finished. Now we move on to more questions.
1. Now that I have a working combat system, there's some things I'm unsure of. When creatures die, how would I go about having things happen? I thought about adding a variable to the makedead script, such as dead = true, but it seemed to just confuse the system.
I have a second stat to health, which would be genetic mass. This is how you fuel your abilities in Prototype (Although you don't have to manage it in those) and I'd like to have enemies raise the players genetic mass stat when they die.
--More to come, I assume.--

The Pixie
It is certainly possible, see this game:
http://textadventures.co.uk/games/view/ ... tcg/deeper

There is a general library I wrote here:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4886

This is version 2, which includes a load of weapons and monsters, but is fantasy-based, so may not be what you want:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5976

If you are determined to do it all yourself, start by reading the second post on this thread, and reading the links there:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5703&p=39301&hilit=combat#p39301

Zamorak789
The Pixie wrote:It is certainly possible, see this game:
http://textadventures.co.uk/games/view/ ... tcg/deeper

There is a general library I wrote here:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4886

This is version 2, which includes a load of weapons and monsters, but is fantasy-based, so may not be what you want:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5976

If you are determined to do it all yourself, start by reading the second post on this thread, and reading the links there:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5703&p=39301&hilit=combat#p39301

Following the tutorial now and working on everything. Seems to be progressing smoothly.

Zamorak789
Updated Questions.

The Pixie
Are you using my library? If you are, the "makedead" script already sets the "dead" attribute to true. You just need to edit it so it also adds the genetic mass (I guess based on an attribute of the monster).
player.genetic_mass = player.genetic_mass + monster.genetic_mass

Zamorak789
The Pixie wrote:Are you using my library? If you are, the "makedead" script already sets the "dead" attribute to true. You just need to edit it so it also adds the genetic mass (I guess based on an attribute of the monster).
player.genetic_mass = player.genetic_mass + monster.genetic_mass

I seem to have missed that. I'm not using your library - however between it and the tutorial, mine is VERY similar, just with tweaks here and there. I'm working on fixing some of the little kinks in the system.
Thanks for the reply! You've been quite helpful. I'll continue to update with questions as I need them.

So few errors popping up - first, I have the death of a monster (Named infected) to trigger a door unlocking and a line of dialogue. I have it setup as when an object attribute (the dead attribute on infected) = true, then it does the stuff. It gives me this error:
Error running script: Error compiling expression 'Infected.dead = true': CompareElement: Operation 'Equal' is not defined for types 'Object' and 'Boolean'

Next, when trying out the genetic material bit, this ended up happening.
Error running script: Error compiling expression 'player.genetic_material + this.genetic_material': ArithmeticElement: Operation 'Add' is not defined for types 'Object' and 'Object'

The Pixie
You need to set both the "genetic_material" attributes for both the player and the monsters. i was assuming that was happeningin a script on the monster, by the way, so "this" refers to the monster.

HegemonKhan
as Pixie already mentioned:

make sure you got the same named/labeled (quest is case sensitive by the way) and same data type (integer/double) for your 'genetic_material' Integer/Double Attribute, and that you add this Attribute to both your 'player' Player Object and your 'monster' Objects

here's an example of how an Attribute transaction (buying/selling) occurs (which is the same as getting experience/cash/genetic_material from a killed monster):

-------------------------

Buying:

initial setting:

sword.parent = shop_owner // the 'shop owner' Object has the 'sword' Object

Buying Script/Verb:

if (player.cash >= sword.price) { // checking if you got enough cash to buy the sword
player.cash = player.cash - sword.price // subtracting the sword's cost/price from your cash: you buy the sword
sword.parent = player // giving/setting/putting the sword into/to the player's possession
} else {
msg ("You don't have enough cash.")
}

Selling:

initial setting:

sword.parent = player

Selling Script/Verb:

if (shop_owner.cash >= sword.price / 2) {
shop_owner.cash = shop_owner.cash - (sword.price / 2)
sword.parent = shop_owner
} else {
msg ("The shop owner doesn't have enough cash.")
}

---------------------

you probably don't need this, but here's a guide on Attribute usage and the 'if' Script in/for quest:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5559

also if you want to take a look for ideas (and you may use freely of course), here's my own old combat code:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3348&start=120#p22483
(see the post below for the key/legend of all of my lame abrevs I used at the time)

Zamorak789
HegemonKhan wrote:as Pixie already mentioned:

make sure you got the same named/labeled (quest is case sensitive by the way) and same data type (integer/double) for your 'genetic_material' Integer/Double Attribute, and that you add this Attribute to both your 'player' Player Object and your 'monster' Objects

here's an example of how an Attribute transaction (buying/selling) occurs (which is the same as getting experience/cash/genetic_material from a killed monster):

-------------------------

Buying:

initial setting:

sword.parent = shop_owner // the 'shop owner' Object has the 'sword' Object

Buying Script/Verb:

if (player.cash >= sword.price) { // checking if you got enough cash to buy the sword
player.cash = player.cash - sword.price // subtracting the sword's cost/price from your cash: you buy the sword
sword.parent = player // giving/setting/putting the sword into/to the player's possession
} else {
msg ("You don't have enough cash.")
}

Selling:

initial setting:

sword.parent = player

Selling Script/Verb:

if (shop_owner.cash >= sword.price / 2) {
shop_owner.cash = shop_owner.cash - (sword.price / 2)
} else {
msg ("The shop owner doesn't have enough cash.")
}

---------------------

you probably don't need this, but here's a guide on Attribute usage and the 'if' Script in/for quest:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5559

also if you want to take a look for ideas (and you may use freely of course), here's my own old combat code:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3348&start=120#p22483
(see the post below for the key/legend of all of my lame abrevs I used at the time)

I'll take all the help I can get. It's been a dream of mine to design a game for a long time, and I'm finally getting to do it. My main inspiration was Corruption of Champions for it's style - not a huge fan of the sexual themes present in it though. It was just surprising to me that text based games in this day and age are still fun.
I'm probably going to scrap this version of the project and start over. The amount I've learned in just two days has revealed errors that I need to go over and fix (Such as trying to do the combat tutorial all in the GUI instead of a library.)

Zamorak789
So I'm running into a really weird error. I have my library set to call on other XML files (Based on how pixie did his) and it functioned before. I decided to restart so I could make my code cleaner and such. When I try to load my library it doesn't load any of the XML files that it references and the game says it can't locate them.
This worked in the previous version before I restarted. The files are in the folder with the library and the game and all the file names match up. I'm unsure what the problem is.

--EDIT--
Decided to try it with Pixie's combat library 2.0, same error (Although it was looking for a differently named XML file.)

HegemonKhan
did you add the library properly into your game code? :

<include ref="library_file.aslx" />

otherwise, that error is strange, if you got the files in the correct location and there's no mis-spelling/typing of them...

only other highly unlikely possibility... you may need to generate a new random/unique 'gameid'... for your game

Zamorak789
HegemonKhan wrote:did you add the library properly into your game code? :

<include ref="library_file.aslx" />

otherwise, that error is strange, if you got the files in the correct location and there's no mis-spelling/typing of them...

only other highly unlikely possibility... you may need to generate a new random/unique 'gameid'... for your game

Mine, like Pixie's, was designed to be a central aslx file which pointed to other XML files that were also set up to be libraries (Or extensions, if you will.) I'm certain if I did something wrong that Pixie didn't because it works for other people - and I got the same error on his.
I also tried making a new project and got the same error.

--EDIT--
I reinstalled Quest and got the same error.

HegemonKhan
p.s.

also if you don't know of these links, here they are:

http://docs.textadventures.co.uk/quest/ (quest's documentation)
http://docs.textadventures.co.uk/quest/guides/ (guides)

The Pixie
Zamorak789 wrote:...I'm probably going to scrap this version of the project and start over. The amount I've learned in just two days has revealed errors that I need to go over and fix (Such as trying to do the combat tutorial all in the GUI instead of a library.)

Actually the best way to create a library is to do it in the GUI (though I would do it in code in the GUI!), and once it is working, copy the XML into your library.

What error are you getting? Depending on how you have set up the various files... Make a new quest game, and have it load just one library, and see if that is okay, then add another one, then another, at each step checking the game will play.

In fact, it is worthwhile designing the libraries so you can do this. Have an order, and ensure a library only depends on libraries higher up the list, never on a library lower in the list.

HegemonKhan
ah yes (I forgot about this possible issue)... depending on the content of the libraries, their order (upper to lower in code) can matter.

if you don't mind some technical lingo...

a (coding) program or a game, is built up (constructed/initialized) in stages, so if that order is out of order, it doesn't work.

usually, library files are like 'patches/xpacs/add-ons', so their order can/often matter/s if you need to use a series of them.

------

Pixie will help you get this working, Pixie's really awesome!

Zamorak789
The Pixie wrote:

"Zamorak789"

...I'm probably going to scrap this version of the project and start over. The amount I've learned in just two days has revealed errors that I need to go over and fix (Such as trying to do the combat tutorial all in the GUI instead of a library.)

Actually the best way to create a library is to do it in the GUI (though I would do it in code in the GUI!), and once it is working, copy the XML into your library.

What error are you getting? Depending on how you have set up the various files... Make a new quest game, and have it load just one library, and see if that is okay, then add another one, then another, at each step checking the game will play.

In fact, it is worthwhile designing the libraries so you can do this. Have an order, and ensure a library only depends on libraries higher up the list, never on a library lower in the list.

I'll give it a try - but I do want to mention that your library is having the same error and I'm assuming that yours is set up correctly. I haven't changed it.
The exact libraries also used to work. I had them fully functioning - then I decided to restart my project so I could make sure everything would be clean (Such as my capitalization.. That screwed me over way too much.) When I loaded up the new project I tried to load the library and that's when I got the error. It gives the same error when I try to load yours too.
http://i.imgur.com/cqmJS0f.png That's a picture of exactly what happens. I'm using a fresh install of Quest, brand new project that I made just to test this, and your library.

HegemonKhan
so, it's Pixie's 'commands.xml' file... this may need to added to one of his/her other library file's code... I'm guessing

(also, lower/upper case may matter... not sure with file names, but quest's game-coding is case sensitive: player.Strength =/= player.strength)

Zamorak789
HegemonKhan wrote:so, it's Pixie's 'commands.xml' file... this may need to added to one of his/her other library file's code... I'm guessing

The file exists. It's all there - it would give the same error if I removed it's calling for "commands.xml", it just stops there with the error because that's the first file it calls for. It's saying none of the xml files exist when it's all there.
http://i.imgur.com/6etdpiD.png

HegemonKhan
maybe make sure that the order of library files is like this in whatever (one of the library or your game) file's code:

<include ref="Commands.xml" />
<include ref="CombatLib.aslx" />

or this (whichever it's order is suppose to be):

as you notice that it fails an initialization (most likely the Commands.xml file):

loading _________
loading CombLib.aslx

------

otherwise... maybe try changing the file's ext to 'aslx' instead of 'xml'...

--------------

I still don't understand file linking that well... so I don't know what I'm talking about... wait for Pixie's help/solution... lol

Zamorak789
HegemonKhan wrote:maybe make sure that the order of library files is like this in whatever (one of the library or your game) file's code:

or this (whichever it's order is suppose to be):

as you notice that it fails an initialization (most likely the Commands.xml file):

loading _________
loading CombLib.aslx

------

otherwise... maybe try changing the file's ext to 'aslx' instead of 'xml'...

--------------

I still don't understand file linking that well... so I don't know what I'm talking about... wait for Pixie's help/solution... lol

Well he's the one that wrote it and it works for plenty of other people - so I assume, based on logic, that the error is on my end and not his.
Also, the way Pixie set it up is that you just tell Quest to load CombLib.aslx. CombLib is a library that has more <include> tags which point to the other xml files - meaning only CombLib needs to be loaded by Quest, as it tells Quest everything else it needs to load. It's a simple and efficient way of adding more files. It also allows the other files to be in xml which helps when editing in text because Notepad++ will highlight things and help with sorting.

HegemonKhan
only other thing I can think of:

I think all of the files (library and your game file) have to be in the same folder as the 'quest.exe' file ... but I could be wrong about this too... meh

-----

P.S.

make sure quest works normally first... and then try some other library file and see if that works fine... let's try to narrow down the possible issue/cause

HegemonKhan
ah, you use notepad++ too, so useful editor!

I think quest's 'aslx' language is nearly the same as 'xml', I use notepad++ 'xml' language all the time for quest's 'aslx' code, and haven't had any issues.

Zamorak789
Figured it out. So when I was selecting the aslx file to use as a library - it like copied the file and put it in a folder with the games aslx. Since it only copied the file I designated it didn't take the other xml's. So I moved those there and now it works.
Really weird crap man.

The Pixie
HegemonKhan wrote:ah yes (I forgot about this possible issue)... depending on the content of the libraries, their order (upper to lower in code) can matter.

Just to be clear here, in general in Quest the order of libraries does not matter. Except when it does...

It is important when debugging because you can just load the first library and check that works, then add the next. You can only do that if earlier libraries do not reply on later ones.

Also,it does matter for templates (but not dynamic templates) because the substitutions are made as libraries are loaded, so Quest loaded English.xslx first, and then Core.aslx, and things in Core.aslx get changed as it is loaded into the editor.

Also if you have functions or commands or objects with the same name, then later ones will overwrite the earlier ones. And when playing, when looking for a match for a command, Quest starts with the most recently added, so again libraries lower in the list will "win" over those that are higher.

Zamorak789
So I've been dong some writing and I had some dialogue, which I've already learned how to do the ShowMenu bit so I figured easy stuff. Well apparently I was wrong.
This is my code:
ShowMenu ("Respond", Split ("In a good way I hope;Is there a reason you speak behind my back?", ";"), false) {
switch (result) {
case (In a good way I hope) {
msg ("\"Redacted for your sanity.\"")
}
case (Is there a reason you speak behind my back?) {
msg ("\"Redacted for your sanity.\"")
}
}
}

This is my error:
Error running script: Error compiling expression 'In a good way I hope': Unknown object or variable 'In a good way I hope'
Error running script: Error compiling expression 'game.command_successful': RootExpressionElement: Cannot convert type 'Object' to expression result of 'Boolean'

The Pixie
This:
... should be
case ("In a good way I hope") {

The other case too.

Zamorak789
The Pixie wrote:This:
... should be
case ("In a good way I hope") {

The other case too.

Thanks, that worked. However the other part of the error persists - it seems to happen after 1 turn of the game has passed regardless of what happens.
Error running script: Error compiling expression 'game.command_successful': RootExpressionElement: Cannot convert type 'Object' to expression result of 'Boolean'

Additional little question. I'm using your spell type to create some powers. One I want to be is telekinisis, and understanding that it would be difficult to actually program all the possibilities, I wanted to have it set a flag named "telekinisis" to the room object the player is in. How would I represent that? My first guess was like this.room or something, but I wanted your input.
Essentially when the 'spell' is cast, it will set the flag. In rooms where you can use telekinesis it will check for the flag, if it's set then the thing will happen.

The Pixie
Quest is built on C#, andf the error mesasges come from there, which mean they can be a little esoteric. When an error says the type is 'Object' it means null, and when it says 'Element' it actually means object. So what it is saying is that game.command_successful is being used somewhere that Quest expects a Boolean, but it is null, or more specifically that the attribute has not been set at all.

I would guess you have copied the turn script from my library. It is set up to ignore mistyping by the player; in that event game.command_successful gets set to false, and the monsters do not get an attack. The quick solution is to add an attribute, command_successful, to the game object, make it a Boolean and set it to true.

HegemonKhan
just to explain further about:

ShowMenu ("Respond", Split ("In a good way I hope;Is there a reason you speak behind my back?", ";"), false) {

------

my own general Attribute syntax:

Object_name.Attribute_name = Value_or_Expression

in most programming, quest included, Values in double quotes, are seen as 'string' (text) data type values, and thus also require that their Attribute is a String Attribute:

Object_name.String_Attribute_name = "string value"

examples:

player.alias = "HK"
player.state = "0" // these are strings, not numbers/amounts (Integers: int), due to the double quotes
game.state = "0" // these are strings, not numbers/amounts (Integers: int), due to the double quotes
hk.favorite_color = "black"
player.condition = "normal"
player.condition = "poisoned"
game.greeting = "Welcome, to my game, good luck, you'll need it! Muwahaha!"
room.description = "The dungeon is dark, cold, and scary."
player.strength_string = "strong"

the other data types:

Integer (ie: non-decimal numbers: ..., -100, -1, 0, 1, 100, ...) Attributes:

player.strength_integer = 100
player.experience = 0
player.current_life = 500

Double (floating point/floats: ie decimal numbers):

(I've not used these in quest, so not sure if they have/require double quotes or not, lol)

player.damage = 54.79123
~ OR ~
player.damage = "54.79123"

Boolean Attributes:

orc.dead = false
orc.dead = true
player.flying = false
player.flying = true
orc.undead = false
skeleton.undead = true
game.dragon_killed = false
door.locked = true
tv.switchedon = true

and etc Attribute/Data Types (I'll cover a few more below)

-------

now, if you do NOT have the Value in double quotes, it's seen to be an actual Object (so this means that you must actually have such an Object existing in your game, lol), for examples:

Object Attributes:

player.right_hand = sword
<object name="sword">
</object>

sword.parent = player
<object name="player">
</object>

player.parent = room
<object name="room">
</object>

// ERROR! there is no 'shop_owner' in/existing-in your game!

<object name="shop_owner">
</object>
// NO error, as there is indeed an existing/created 'shop_owner' Object in your game.

However.... there's an exception to this, the keywords of 'true' and 'false', as these are reserved for Boolean Attribute's Values (which I've already shown above, but will do so again here too):

orc.dead = true // 'true' is not an Object, lol
orc.dead = false // 'false' is not an Object, lol

---------

List (String List and Object List) Attributes:

(we're finally now getting into your use of 'show menu' Script/Function)

the 'split()' Script/Function that you used within the 'show menu ()' Script/Function is a quick way to create (and return) a List Attribute:

http://docs.textadventures.co.uk/quest/ ... split.html

thus, its Values are strings (or Objects - creating and returning an Object List), and thus inside your 'switch' Script/Function's 'cases', you need those values to be strings (unless they're Objects in your game, using an Object List), which means they need to be within double quotes, and thus your error, as you didn't have them in strings (or they weren't Objects existing within your game.

the normal/other ways in scripting to create a List, is directly creating a List Attribute:

HK.favorite_colors = split ("black;red", ";")
show menu ("Which is HK's favorite color?", HK.favorite_colors, false) {
switch (result) {
case ("black") {
msg ("Correct!")
}
case ("red") {
msg ("Wrong.")
}
}
}

or

HK.favorite_colors = NewStringList ()
list add (HK.favorite_colors, "black")
list add (HK.favorite_colors, "red")
show menu ("Which is HK's favorite color?", HK.favorite_colors, false) {
switch (result) {
case ("black") {
msg ("Correct!")
}
case ("red") {
msg ("Wrong.")
}
}
}

both of which, are the (mostly) same as:

(the difference is that the above two methods are creating a String List Attribute, Attributes are global VARIABLES, which can be used anywhere/over and over again, whereas this method below isn't)

show menu ("Which is HK's favorite color?", split ("black;red", ";"), false) {
switch (result) {
case ("black") {
msg ("Correct!")
}
case ("red") {
msg ("Wrong.")
}
}
}

--------

so.... about this question of yours:

Zamorak wrote:Additional little question. I'm using your spell type to create some powers. One I want to be is telekinisis, and understanding that it would be difficult to actually program all the possibilities, I wanted to have it set a flag named "telekinisis" to the room object the player is in. How would I represent that? My first guess was like this.room or something, but I wanted your input.
Essentially when the 'spell' is cast, it will set the flag. In rooms where you can use telekinesis it will check for the flag, if it's set then the thing will happen.

there's two ways to create/set/re-set/change/alter an Attribute via scripting:

1. Object_name.Attribute_name = Value_or_Expression
~ OR ~
2. set (Object_name, Attribute_name, Value_or_Expression)
(set is more powerful/functional than the direct scripting of #1 - I think - maybe not... maybe you can do this with direct scripting too: player.parent.telekinesis = true)
http://docs.textadventures.co.uk/quest/scripts/set.html

----

"I wanted to have it set a flag named "telekinisis" to the room object the player is in. How would I represent that? My first guess was like this.room or something, but I wanted your input. (Zamorak)"

inside the 'whatever spell' Object's ''cast' Verb/Script Attribute:

set (player.parent, "telekinesis_boolean_attribute", true)

// remember that the 'name' String Attribute is what quest uses as the "ID", so all names must be unique, you can't have both your spell Object and your Boolean Attribute, be named 'telekinesis'. The convention that I like to use, is to do: _Attribute_Type: telekinesis_boolean_attribute, and for the spell Object, I'd do: telekinesis_spell_object. While it is a lot more typing and/or characters, I know exactly what it is, lol. Also, remember that quest is case sensitive. I just don't like using caps, as it's a pain for me in trying to use/type-in upper case vs lower case, lol.

// About the built-in 'parent' Object Attribute:

http://docs.textadventures.co.uk/quest/ ... arent.html
^^^^^^^^^
http://docs.textadventures.co.uk/quest/ ... bject.html
^^^^^^^^^
http://docs.textadventures.co.uk/quest/elements/
^^^^^^^^^
http://docs.textadventures.co.uk/quest/
^^^^^^^^^
path to find it in the doc site

if you don't understand 'parent/child' (containment) heirarchy:

(more parent)
grandfather
-> father
->-> son
->->-> grandson
(more child)

'grandfather' is the main (root) parent
'grandfather' is the direct parent of 'father'
'grandfather' is the indirect parent of 'son' and 'grandson'

'father' is the direct child of 'grandfather'
'father' is the direct parent of 'son'
'father' is the indirect parent of 'grandson'

'son' is the indirect child of 'grandfather'
'son' is the direct child of 'father'
'son' is the direct parent of 'grandson'

'grandson' is the 'indirect child of 'grandfather' and 'father'
'grandson' is the direct child of 'son'

(more parent)
C:\\ (Drive)
-> Programs (Folder)
->-> Quest (Folder)
->->-> Quest's Sub Folders
->->->-> Quest's Files
(more child)

(more parent)
HK
-> pants
->-> wallet
->->-> $1
(more child)

so, the 'parent' Object Attribute works like this:

player.parent = room
// room
// -> player

gold_coins.parent = treasure_chest
// treasure_chest
// -> gold_coins

continent.parent = world
country.parent = continent
kingdom.parent = country
castle.parent = kingdom
town.parent = kingdom
vault.parent = castle
blacksmith.parent = town
treasure_chest.parent = vault
gold_coins.parent = treasure_chest
silver_coins.parent = treasure_chest
bronze_coins.parent = treasure_chest
// world
// -> continent
// ->-> kingdom
// ->->-> castle
// ->->->-> vault
// ->->->->-> treasure_chest
// ->->->->->-> gold_coins
// ->->->->->-> silver_coins
// ->->->->->-> bronze_coins
// ->->-> town
// ->->->-> blacksmith

this is the same as the default new game's placement of the 'player' Player being inside of the 'room' Object:

<object name="room">
<object name="player">
</object>
</object>

which is also the same as the GUI~Editor's 'MoveObject ()' Script choice (shown in code below):

MoveObject (moving_Object, destination_Object)
example: MoveObject (player, room)
http://docs.textadventures.co.uk/quest/ ... bject.html

------

so... hopefully you now see how the script works:

set (player.parent, "telekinesis", true)

player.parent will return the Object that the player is currently within, and then the Boolean Attribute is created and/or set/re-set for/on that Object, as: 'telekinesis=true'

Zamorak789
HegemonKhan wrote:-Snip-

That makes sense. I'll test it out. I already know about most of that by the way, I just wasn't certain how in the context of Quest I would refer to a specific room, being the one the player is in.
Most of this stuff comes to me easily because I did 4 years of web design (Which covered HTML, XML, CSS, JS, and other minor things like graphics design.) Doing things in Quest feels just like coding XML so it doesn't confuse me that often. I just have problems when it gives me errors because I'm used to working on web pages - not games. On a web page I can just look and see that this part of the web site is wrong - the text box or whatever has the wrong padding value, et cetera. Reading error codes on this is still a bit cryptic to me.

HegemonKhan
I like verbose writing ;)

I wasn't sure what you knew or didn't know, so I just went into detail/explanation about the stuff. I had a feeling that you knew coding, so I was sure it wouldn't scare you, aside from my wall of text post itself, laughs. I hope to learn about web design at some point, sighs. And just simple graphics programming, interfaces, action events, and etc, is still challenging for me. You're probably a better programmer than I, laughs. I'm still trying to learn a lot of the basics still.