Stacking Skill Trees in Status Box?

erekerendo
I want to make it so that when you click on "Skills" in the Status box it displays different skill groups underneath, and when you click on one of these skill groups it displays the skills in that group underneath.

Issues I am running into are:

1. objects in player inventory will not be shown if I have them hidden and set the code to un-hide them when I Click an option under the category name.

2. Even if I get option A to work, moving skill objects to player inventory from elsewhere when I wan them to appear may cause skills to not appear directly under the in appropriate category in the status box.

I am pretty sure I saw a script set for doing this by pixie or someone when I was browsing the other day but I can not find it now. Usually I've found it easier to just code from scratch anyways unless it requires commands I am not used to.

Should I try using items as containers? I haven't gotten that far and am unsure if that is the right direction to go.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

The Pixie
I have never done anything quite like that, and I do not recall anyone on the forum discussing it.

If I was going to do it, I would build a new panel in the right hand pane, rather than trying to use the inventory, using JavaScript/JQuery. It will not be easy! I guess the first thing I would do is look for a JQuery library with a collapsing hierarchy. How you would relate that to your Quest data..?

Not sure if it will help, but here is the interface library from Deeper, which might gives you some clues.