Can't Download or Publish

lars2458
Hello,

I tried to search the forums, but maybe I wasn't using the right keywords.

I am having a problem whenever I go to "download" or "publish" my game. It is giving me various "404" type errors (it can't find the page). I have tried 2 browsers with no success.

Is the site having maintenance right now?

Thank you.

XanMag
Just to clarify... Here's what I do when I publish.

1. I go to textadventures.co.uk
2. I scroll down to the very bottom and find the "Submit a game" link
3. I go to the bottom of this page and click on browse and locate my .quest file on my PC.
4. Once I click on that, I then click the upload button just beneath the browse button.
5. Depending on the size of the game file you are uploading, it can take anywhere from 20 seconds to a couple minutes.

Let me know if this is what you doing. Thanks!

lars2458
Thank you for the tip!

I'm actually trying to get my game from the online version to the offline version or from online editor to published.

I go to textadventures.co.uk/create

Under my game, I click "download" or "publish".

When I do either of these, I get an error such as "Sorry, an error occurred while processing your request." and "Sorry, something went wrong
An error occurred while processing your request.

This has been logged, but it would be really helpful if you could let us know a bit more information about what you were doing - please contact us and we'll do our best to fix things.".

I would like to share it with others and have them "beta test", but it's not allowing me to do either.

Am I doing something wrong or is it a site error?

Edit; I should clarify that I'm able to test play it and edit it just fine.

XanMag
Oh. I have never used the online version, so I'm afraid I cannot help with that. Sorry. I'm sure someone will be around to help you figure this out soon. Good luck!

The Pixie
Just tested it and it works for me. Might be worth logging out, closing the browser, and then starting again, maybe?

lars2458
Thank you both for your help.

I tried logging in and out multiple times to no avail.

I worked forever on this game, so I really hope someone can help me figure it out.

Alex
Link?

lars2458
Here is the link it brings me to when I try to download; http://quest.textadventures.co.uk/Edit/Download/169639

Is that the one you needed?

lars2458
I ended up copying everything into the offline version.

Thank you anyways!