Order of Status Variables (2016)

erekerendo
I am having issues with the order of status variables in the in-game status box on the windows editor identical to this posting from 2008 (see link). Rather than being in the same order as in the editor, they appear in a random order after you have beyond a certain number of variables. I'm not sure what the exact number is but I suspect it is the number needed to require the scroll bar feature to be activated on the status box in game.

viewtopic.php?t=1912

I'm hoping that this is an already acknowledged issue. Thanks.

P.S. Pictures of the bug. Look at the status attributes, they are being automatically rearranged into this order. I had them in the same order you see in the attributes box on the bottom of the attributes page.
3.PNG
2.PNG

The Pixie
I score and health will always be top as they are built in (but you could get around that by having your own system with new attributes). After that, they are in the order that they appear in the top box, status attributes (you can also have game attributes set as status attributes, these seem to go top of the list, before health and score). I think the only way to rearrange them would be in code view (I would advise making a copy of your game before editing in code view). The important part will look like this:
      <statusattributes type="stringdictionary">
<item>
<key>charisma</key>
<value>Charisma</value>
</item>
<item>
<key>magic</key>
<value></value>
</item>
<item>
<key>agility</key>
<value></value>
</item>
</statusattributes>

HegemonKhan
the order that you add or write/code them, is the order they appear in the pane during game play (aside from the exceptions that Pixie already pointed out/explained). So, if you want them to be in a particular order, then you need to add or write/code them in the order that you want, unless you want (aka: can, have the ability) to work with the underlying code, and create your own sorting functions..., or I think you can work also with the user-level code directly and sort+add them in the order you want via using scripting (to add them in the order you want).

-------

if you want to delve into detail in how the built-in 'statusattributes' String Dictionary Attribute works:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5387&p=37393&hilit=statusattributes#p37375

and/or about Attributes in general:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5559

ask, if you got any questions or need any help.