Wait for a time interval

dennmans
Hi, I'm a total noob with Quest and a lot of seaching has still come up blank. I want to create a time interval between msg elements or between pages but I can't figure out how to do this. I am using Quest in gamebook mode and I want messages/pages to show up with a time interval, as if the user were waiting for someone to type in a message. So something like:

Page 1

Hello Bob. Just wanted to say hi
--- 5 seconds ---
Bob? are you getting this?
{link:page 2:sure, what's up?} | {link:page 3: yawn, stop bothering me!}

Page 3

--- 8 seconds ---
Geez. What's wrong with you?

dennmans
I am kind of surprised that this is such a difficult one. I am currently considering adding the time intervals after rendering/publishing to html and js with js setTimeout. Am I using a cannon to kill a fly?

Forgewright
I have never used the gamebook. This is the script for what you asked about. Just select script instead of text wherever you want this.

msg ("Hi Bob, Just wanted to say, Hello")
SetTimeout (5) {
msg ("Bob. are you getting this?")
}

dennmans
I think this only works in adventure game mode, but I am still experimenting. Thanks for your answer though!

The Pixie
I think there is a general problem that not only can you do significantly less with game books, people who know about scripting do not use game books because you can do significantly less with them, and so there is just less expertise on game books too.