Issue when not auto-listing

OurJud
I've discovered a slight issue with my preference for not auto-listing objects, namely that if a player 'drops' an object, it doesn't show in the description.

I'm now wondering if there's a solution to this (other than turning on auto-list). I'm initially thinking some kind of script on the object itself which tags "There's a *object* here." onto the end of the room description, but can't think how that might be done off the top of my head.

It's not an emergency by any means, because the responsibility for remembering where an object was dropped could be given to the player, and you could argue that if they drop it they don't want it anyway. It just seems a bit illogical to not have it in the description if it's there.

Pertex
Hmmm? What is a 'not auto-listed object'? How can you set this option?

OurJud
Sorry, I've probably not explained myself very well and/or used the wrong terminology.

If you go to Game >> Room Descriptions tab >> then tick the box which says 'Automatically generate room descriptions', you're given extra options for disabling auto-generated features like exits and objects. If you want them disabled, you just set them to 0.

Pertex
So you disabled the object list but want to see special objects in the room description when you e.g. drop them? If you don't create room descriptions by script, you could use the inroom description. Activate this feature in game/Features and add the inroomdescription to the object. You can use textprocessor tags like {object:xxx} to create hyperlinks

The Pixie
Turn it on, but flag the objects as scenery (on the Setup tab). You can use the text processor to handle the description:

This is the lounge.{if hat.scenery: There is a hat on the hook.}

OurJud
I'll take a look at that. Thank you.