Continue Label has gone AWOL.

Pykrete
Hey there!

When I first started playing around with quest, the first few projects I made had a nice little 'continue' button pop up whenever I used the 'wait for key press' script, which is something I use quite often. Unfortunately, it now appears to have disappeared, not only in every new game I make but all the previous projects too. Any idea why, and how to get it back? I can change the wording of it via a Request, but I can't get it to show up... I just want that friendly little button back!

jaynabonne
Have you changed display colors, etc such that it's still output but you can't see it? That's the only thing I can think of, short of some kind of bug.

Pykrete
Nope, not messed around with that in the slightest.

I updated to the latest version thinking that might do the trick, but no luck. It happens on all new games I make, as well as old ones that I'm certain used to have it.

jaynabonne
I made a very simple test. Just a "wait for key press" in the start script. The file is here:

<!--Saved by Quest 5.6.5783.24153-->
<asl version="550">
<include ref="English.aslx" />
<include ref="Core.aslx" />
<game name="simplecontinue">
<gameid>67733dac-5bf1-4966-b229-4ebecbf18800</gameid>
<version>1.0</version>
<firstpublished>2015</firstpublished>
<start type="script">
wait {
}
</start>
</game>
<object name="room">
<inherit name="editor_room" />
<object name="player">
<inherit name="editor_object" />
<inherit name="editor_player" />
</object>
</object>
</asl>

When I run it, I get this:

Capture.PNG

Do you get something different?

Pykrete
Ok, I did your test, and i've worked something out. Sure enough, it worked as intended. I looked into what's different on my end, and I realized I have the command bar disabled all the time. It seems that the Continue Label is directly linked to the command bar. If I turn it off from the beginning or hide it, goodbye Continue Label. If it's on, Continue Label appears as intended.

Now, I can work around that quite easily - chuck in a request to show the command bar before each wait, and hide it immediately afterwards. That's going to get pretty annoying pretty fast, though... so is there anything else I can do to separate these two features?