Menus In ConvLib

gazingwolf
Hi all,

I apologise in advance if this topic has already been answered but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Basically I am writing my first game and there is a lot of interaction with NPCs. So far I have managed with ConvLib and making new objects for each conversation topic and using the Print Message script. I must point out I am not experienced in coding, so haven't been using code view, though I know I might have to.

What I am looking to do is be able to make a menu of things to say to an NPC. Like speak to them in a different tone about things. Then based on which you choose then make new topics available. But I would like the original options to be gone, even if they weren't selected. For example:

Speak to James:
Do you know anything about the murder aboard?
Where have you been this evening?

There would be a response to each of these, and then I would like a new menu to appear based on the choice of the first. So if the player chose option 1, then in the next menu option 2 would not be available but another 2 options would appear, and vice versa.

Reading through the forums I have come across speak about Menus, but am not sure how to implement them using ConvLib?

Many thanks in advance, and I reiterate, I am a total noob!

gazingwolf
I have just solved it! I can't believe I didn't realise. All I did was add another script to Make Object Invisible and set it as the other conversation topic.

Hurrah!