move any object to container in inventory

XanMag
Okay... I really do think this is the last bit of advice I need before I finish. [EDIT: Nope, obviously not :x ]

My alt character in X2 finds a "belt". I added the belt because I wanted the alt character to be able to carry more than one object at a time at a certain point in the game but not before. Is there a way to pick up ANY object and move it to the belt IF the belt has enough room to add to it?

Currently, the player must drop the belt, pick up the wanted object, and then 'put object in belt', and then pick up the belt again. Obviously this is pretty lame so I want to be able to just pick up the object and move it to belt assuming there is room. Any suggestions on how I might be able to do this?

Thanks.

XanMag

The Pixie
There are a number of ways to do this, none that I can think of are particularly slick. What I would do is change the inventory limit to 2 when the belt is worn, so in your wear script have this:
game.pov.maxobjects = 2

If the belt is put on automatically when the player takes it, put that in your take script. Set it back to one if the belt is removed or dropped.

XanMag
So... here is what I plan on trying. This is in my game scripts tab. Will this work?

if (game.pov = Blerk) {
if (GetBoolean(Blerk, "sash")) {
game.pov.maxobjects = 4
}
}

sash is the set flag when Blerk types 'wear belt'.

I'm concerned because there are no else scripts anywhere. I did it this way because when the player object returns to Xanadu, I don't want to have to fiddle with switching the maxobjects back to infinite.